Article On Choker Work

Teemu I

Fascinating, and helpful, article; not sure there's anything in there I haven't heard before, but never have I heard all these points in one place at one time. Hugely helpful article for the new/intermediate gripperguy. ... and no one would think English is your second language, yours is better than many a person I interview on a day-to-day basis!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teemu I

• ewokhugo

• Pryderi

• kinselbj

" ... and no one would think English is your second language, yours is better than many a person I interview on a day-to-day basis!"

no doubt this guy have something very special beside his huge heart.

its hard to imagine he failed 3/4 times to get his #3 cert ... obviously he become so strong thats its impossible something break his goals:-)

in your article u mention about not doing less than 1 cm on the choker because it would kill the gripper))i love my grippers).. what about using a smaller distance than paralell?(about 1.5cm)??thanks in advance

in your article u mention about not doing less than 1 cm on the choker because it would kill the gripper))i love my grippers).. what about using a smaller distance than paralell?(about 1.5cm)??thanks in advance
Yes, that 1.5 cm is a fine distance to work with for a start. Just stay away from anything under 1 cm. I did not mean kill the gripper as in ruining it, but killing the resistance, in other words making it too easy. :cool If you get #4 choked under 1 cm, the resistance on it drops down significantly (temporarily of course!), allowing a #3 closer to close it. Doesn't serve the purpose.

thanks for your reply:-)i understand know what do u mean by "killing":-)

I realise this is a ridiculous question that only a gripping noobie would ask, but where are the best places to get chokers generally?

I realise this is a ridiculous question that only a gripping noobie would ask, but where are the best places to get chokers generally?
Go to local hardware store, that is the place to go. You can find some other things there too, that you can use in grip training, spring clamps for example.

Guest Bonzi

I got mine at Walmart in the automotive section.

I am sure EVERYBODY has a wally world near(within a good days stroll) you even if you are on

an iceberg. :rock

BTW, they are less than three bucks, american.

Edited by Bonzi

I just put in an order for extra grippers to choke. :blush

• 3 months later...

Teemu

I realize this is an old thread but I just wanted to thank you for such a great article. I have tried KTA in the past and did not feel that it was worth the effort even though I did it to the letter. The work that I have been doing with the choker since your article has been a real motivator. It is great for motivation to actually be able to close your goal gripper under your own power. Thanks.

Teemu

I realize this is an old thread but I just wanted to thank you for such a great article. I have tried KTA in the past and did not feel that it was worth the effort even though I did it to the letter. The work that I have been doing with the choker since your article has been a real motivator. It is great for motivation to actually be able to close your goal gripper under your own power. Thanks.

Thank you, it is nice to hear feedback and I would be even more pleased if you let me know at some point how are you doing and if you have managed to make progress following the instructions I gave or if you have taken the ideas and applied them with success into your own training. As for KTA, it might work better some other time.