• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teemu I

• ewokhugo

• Pryderi

• kinselbj

Thanks Aaron, all though I doubt anything in it was new to you. :D But for others with less experience on the matter, I think it has some useful info.

Thanks Aaron, all though I doubt anything in it was new to you. :D But for others with less experience on the matter, I think it has some useful info.

Nothing new but its very nice to see what thoughts are behind top guys routines. Yours are very well thought out, well planned, and well executed which is why you have consistent progress.

great article Teemu! I'm going to have to try the 3-5s OC after each close. I tend to try and move up/out too fast with them and I like your progression guidelines.

Thanks for your input Josh, great to hear that even one of the top gripper guys can take something out of it. :) I believe you will make a difference by starting to do the OC's.

Aaron, thanks again for the nice words!

You are right about that, you will know the difference when you try both ways yourself on the same gripper choked to parallel. However, I will modify that part of the article, I had an idea about it but forgot to write about that.

Awesome. The update clears it all up. Again, excellent article and I look forward to seeing more in the future.

You are right about that, you will know the difference when you try both ways yourself on the same gripper choked to parallel. However, I will modify that part of the article, I had an idea about it but forgot to write about that.

Awesome. The update clears it all up. Again, excellent article and I look forward to seeing more in the future.

Great! I hoped it would make more sense after the update. Thanks again, I will keep on posting some thoughts on other stuff as well.

i'm just now actually starting to use grippers consistently and your log is absolutely inspiring and great and this article is the same way both of them give me a good foundation to start at and for a regular workout routine and both of them offer TONS of inspiration thanks for putting your time into this teemu :rock

i'm just now actually starting to use grippers consistently and your log is absolutely inspiring and great and this article is the same way both of them give me a good foundation to start at and for a regular workout routine and both of them offer TONS of inspiration thanks for putting your time into this teemu :rock
No problem, I did this just because I enjoy all this, putting together a grip related article was just fun thing to do for a change as I'm having a lot of more boring things to write about within my studies. :cool

Thanks for sharing this article :rock

Temmu: after reading your article i changed the distance ..

my choker was about 40mm now i put it at 25 mm ... i closed my #3 without warm up and hold it for 5 seconds. In fact before the article did from 25 mm and 40 mm( was the same;missed by 1 mm both ways).

Talking about motivation/support...

about doing 3-5 overcrushes after choker work .. how many seconds do u reccomend? 3-5?

Thanks guys!

Hugo, yes, 3 to 5 second overcrushes are fine, no need to prolong them in my opinion. Judging by what you wrote, I have to ask you do you normally set a gripper to parallel? If you don't, I suggest that you do, I think you should be closing your #3 with a proper set now. :) Check that you are placing the handle in your palm properly (closer to fingers, push it further with your thumb), pull the other handle to 20 mm and squeeze quickly from there. Make sure to get it on video, as I think you are ready for the close. ;)

Edited by Teemu I

Great article Teemu! :D You covered a few aspects I hadn't really thought of but I'm fairly new to choker work.

If there's any useful info, I'm glad! :)

Great article Teemu! :rock

Cool article.

I use choker work as well to create little steps tot my coc 3. Last month I couldn't close it from 1cm. Then I did 3 weeks op neg's & overcrushes. A bit KTA style but only 2-3 days a week to leave space for 1 day of Rolling thunder & pinch. Built the volume up as well like KTA. Then took some rest en closed it today from 1.7cm. Now I set is on 2.6cm and am going to start another cycle of neg's & overcrushes.

I find it easier te be motivated when you have those short term goals. Now I've got the 2.6cm choke in my head and I'll live towards that and hopefully smash it again within a month.

Those short term goals are one of the benefits with progressive distance choker method. Good luck with the #3, you seem to have solid training plan!

Those short term goals are one of the benefits with progressive distance choker method. Good luck with the #3, you seem to have solid training plan!

Thx, training plan will hopefully eventually bring me to be the first Belgian to certify on a coc 3 ;)

Keep writing those articles... Already linked your article on a dutch forum which has a Coc topic with over 30 pages.

"Hugo, yes, 3 to 5 second overcrushes are fine, no need to prolong them in my opinion. Judging by what you wrote, I have to ask you do you normally set a gripper to parallel? If you don't, I suggest that you do, I think you should be closing your #3 with a proper set now. Check that you are placing the handle in your palm properly (closer to fingers, push it further with your thumb), pull the other handle to 20 mm and squeeze quickly from there. Make sure to get it on video, as I think you are ready for the close. "

Temmu, thanks again for your confidence .. i am doing the mash monster set using a wider distance than paralell and without using my thumb properly ... no training since last thurday ... not much time this week will try to get the mm0 cert wenesday(14 th may = my birthday), obvioulsly the best gift for me:-)

in your article u mention about not doing less than 1 cm on the choker because it would kill the gripper))i love my grippers).. what about using a less distance than paralell?(about 1.5cm)??thanks in advance