World Class Feats?

shizen

Yeah, world class is hard to define, so it is sort of a circlejerk to debate it. But kinda fun! Making a rule of it is pointless, those who know what is what know a world class lift when they see it.

When I think of what "world class" is, I take the top grip competitors/certfiers or people that firsthand or second hand I can be fairly sure about it, and evaluate what they do. If some of them have trouble with a feat, you know it is tough.

I think with MMS it is hard to say that a 3.5 isn't world class. You could have an argument for pushing the level lower, but for sure not higher. It is a rare grip competition that more than 1-2 people close something that strong, and most of those guys have a fair shot of winning any contest they enter. I think counting MM3, IM#4, and 3.5 gripboard closers you have maybe 13-15 people. Some very strong grip guys will not always hit the 3.5 level or above- Nobody made it at the MGC5, Jedd can't do it regularly, Thorton and Klein have not, etc.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• shizen

• Teemu I

• abagh89

Top Posters In This Topic

The obvious reason being - it's harder.

Cannot.... resist.....

The obvious reason being that the cert was changed to favor big handed guy and to stop having so many people cert on the #3.

Must resist... you seen Randall up close? He's practically a midget... well short anyway. I met him with Gazza at an OHF dinner. Barely came up to my shoulder and was probably about Gazza's height... only with less meat on him ha ha.

Cannot.... resist.....

The obvious reason being that the cert was changed to favor big handed guy and to stop having so many people cert on the #3.

Roger that

Cannot.... resist.....

Haha!!! It may not have been the intention but it is the result.

I think the cert was changed to stop people messing about with the feat, but that has been flogged to death in years past.

There is no right or wrong with this "world class" question, everyone has their own opinions, it does make for interesting reading. As for wanting to know what feats are world class before making claims and then posting up vids, how about posting up the vids in any case? You can claim a 150kg pinch all you like if you have the vid to back it up...

I understand the vid requirement for World Class claims but the problem is that people don't just run a camera everytime they train. If you think you're going to attempt something WC that's one thing but when you're just having fun, like it seems the guys in the Sorinex vids are doing, that's where you're going to run into problems, especially if it's just a routine lift for you. I think WC claims should be ok to post in your workout log but if you're going to post it on the open board as a "look what I did" then you need video.

Don't disagree, but if these are work-a-day lifts then it would be no problem to get the lift on video if asked. Once you've done it there is no need to do it again...