Unbraced Scrolling?

timiacobucci

Tim,

That's not my pic but I've had that same bolt in the pic. It's a grade 2 carriage bolt. I got mine from Home depot and unlike the majority of carriage bolts, these aren't threaded all the way down but if you notice the shaft is actually smaller than the threads. Actually a great bolt to have around for the progression.

I think you're right about the top piece of steel being a yellow.

Funny you mention scrolling the spikes. Over the last couple months I've looked several times for my 80d that I scrolled and I can't find it. That's one I really hate to lose too. I'll probably run acrossed it someday.

Nice job Paul. I see I'm not the only one who thought that holding the bent side was extremely awkward. I had to switch wraps too. I really underestimated it big time.

Tim

Hehe, a cool new activity!! I tried some 6mm crs and a 7mm nail, turned them into some disformed/twisted U.

But unbraced coilling isn't really a succes. :tongue

Edited by luuc

Do you have any pics Luuc? I really wanted to do some kind of coil but I can't figure how. I think maybe I will start with smaller stuff like 3/16" if I can do it and work towards bigger stuff. I think it will be mostly finger strength which is a very different sort of thing.

I somehow can't find that 7mm nail, but here are some pics from some 6mm crs (think it was about 15" long):

Pic1

pic2

Pic3

I hope I receive my own videocamera next week, so I'll try to make something again and tape it.

Yeah, it doesn't take any real power to do it, just controling the damn thing makes it hard.

Edited by luuc

That is neat lookin, that stuff looks like tiny rebar, where did you get that? Most of the rebar I have tried feels like hot rolled though.

he hasn't tried a Fantastic, because that crap is so short he can't get his hands around it

?, if he hasn't tried it, how does he know he can't get his hands around it? Either he tried it and couldn't get his hands around it or he hasn't tried it. I guess we will have to wait for the horse to get on here to hear it from his mouth. hehe, joking of course you are beautiful man Aaron, not horselike in least. I would REALLY like to see that coil too if you got any time and want to put it up.

Somebody else try this crap out and give me some feedback. Come on now this isn't like the lashing everyone said they were gonna try and never did. All you need is a 60d and the will to experiment. I think it would be a damn cool feat for a show but I really need to work on it a whole lot more to get the actual bend nice looking. When I am feeling better I bet I could do a decent looking S I think. I will try to get a video soon too. Just let me get over being sick and practice a bit. I promise in a month or so I will start putting videos up.

And Gazza if you see this dude you gotta try a shiny scroll or something. At least a bastard. We know you can do a fantastic shiny so a bastard should be a fun experiment. I think this kind of scrolling is custom made for your strengths.

hehe, horselike huh :D

Here is that coil you were asking about.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7241

That is neat lookin, that stuff looks like tiny rebar, where did you get that? Most of the rebar I have tried feels like hot rolled though.

I was working the other day, and found this little piece in the scrap, so I just took it with me to try.

But I'm sure I can get it in any hardware store around here.

@acorn: Holy shit, that's really cool, incredible!!! :bow :bow