Acorn Inch Lift Or Bust!

acorn

Last night Rex stopped by and I did a little unplanned stuff

failed terribly with the blobs. only a few negs were successful. I've somehow managed to get some bone bruises I think on fingers on both hands and its slowing me down some.

grippers were terrible. It took awhile before I could even close the #5 tug, eventually I sucked it up and got a set of 25 I+M both Left and right

did some hub lifts with the 45 RH, left was weak

RT I got 202 and 207 came up about half way. Happy with these

tried a mag shiny and got to 45deg then did some isos

tied a 48"x1/2" rebar into a knot, took about 8 minutes.

- Aaron

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acorn

• BrandonA

• The Natural

• vikingsrule92

Oh yeah almost forgot. got a 5.5" g5 reverse and a nice wobble in a 7x1/4square FBBC reverse too. man that freaking square hurt my thumbs.

- Aaron

:( maybe the show of strenght 3/4 days ago took off some power from u?

obviosly its a matter of time till u smash mm5!

Edited by ewokhugo

• 2 weeks later...
whats up Aaron?

its been a long time since your last post...

are u OK?

I'm mostly ok, staying busy with a new job and taking some time off from gripping to try and heal up this bone\tendon bruise on my RH middle finger. Still getting a gym workout in once every week to 10days

yesterday got:

Bench

7x135

3x225

3x275

1x315

1x345

Sublockout static hold 455 10sec 2" from lockout

Sublockout static hold 585 12sec 2" from lockout

attempt at 605 but barely hovered it a little off the uprights. no spotters on any of these.

Standing DB presses

3x85

1x100

110 with a little dip to press then lowered it down about 6" from lockout and held 15sec per side.

10x pullups BW 260#

thats all I had time for. little sore today.

- Aaron

I am in the same position as u ... lack of training (lately) but NOWi am more motivated than ever because i received today a brand new mm1 replica and one bbse(with one elite spring) :blush

• 6 months later...

I think I'm gonna resurrect this log for a little while. Inch has been lifted so the new goal is some weight loss and general grip strength improvement. I wanna get back down in weight where I can get the 7" bars under my chin again. Plus AZ comp is about 6 weeks out so its time to crank it up a couple notches.

Starting weight was 258 beginning of last month, down to 253 as of today.

Comments are welcome btw.

- Aaron

I think I'm gonna resurrect this log for a little while. Inch has been lifted so the new goal is some weight loss and general grip strength improvement. I wanna get back down in weight where I can get the 7" bars under my chin again. Plus AZ comp is about 6 weeks out so its time to crank it up a couple notches.

- Aaron

Awesome to see that you have completed your goal! you should post the vid in here.

I'll be following - always something ridiculous in your training sessions

- Aaron

Awesome to see that you have completed your goal! you should post the vid in here.

I'll be following - always something ridiculous in your training sessions

Thanks and good idea.

Training so far from this week

1/5

Quick lunchtime session

Squats

5x135, 5x185, 20x225

Grippers

RH #3.5x8x1, #3.5x1x2, 10 total reps

LH #3x5x1

Extensor bands

BH Red x 50

1/6

AM 20x20kg KB BH

Another quick lunch session

DL standard bar

5x135, 3x225, 8x315

2HP 2 5/8 wood pinch block

4sec @ 172#

Blob

RH 1, +6.25#x1, +10#x1, +11.5x1, 7sec hold

LH miss, 1, 1, 1, 1

2x45s

RH 2, 1, 1

LH miss - 1inch height, neg, neg

BH 5x passbacks

Extensor bands

BH Red X 50

PM

Bending

2x60d

6.5x5/16 x 2, 7x5/16 x 2

Isos

6.5x11/32 SS @ 3 3/8 X 2, 5x5/16 G5 @ 3" X 1

Walk 60min

1/8 Light day

Squats

5x135, 5x180, 15x225

Grippers

warmup 5x#T, 5x#1, 3x#2

RH 3x Easy #3, 3x3x Avg #3

LH 3x RB210, 3x Filed HG300, 2x3x RB210

Extensor Bands

BH Red X 50

PM

Grippers

RH 1x Easy #3 CCS, 1x Easy #3 CCS 5sec hold, 1x Easy #3 CCS 8 sec hold

LH 1x #2 CCS, 1x #2 CCS 10 sec hold, 1x RB210 CCS 4 sec hold

- Aaron

see what I mean by RIDICULOUS sessions :laugh

I want to lift this bugger so bad I can taste chalk and Iron.
Aaron, I never forgot your great quote at the beginning of the log. Congratulations on your Inch DL and keep up the great lifting.

What do you think put you over the top: general overall lower arm strength improvement or focus on a particular area that you perceived as lacking? It would be interesting to see what did it for you.

Thornton said I'll need to do some heavy wrist rolling in order to get a full DL.

I want to lift this bugger so bad I can taste chalk and Iron.
Aaron, I never forgot your great quote at the beginning of the log. Congratulations on your Inch DL and keep up the great lifting.

What do you think put you over the top: general overall lower arm strength improvement or focus on a particular area that you perceived as lacking? It would be interesting to see what did it for you.

Thornton said I'll need to do some heavy wrist rolling in order to get a full DL.

Thanks,

To be perfectly honest I think it was a couple of weeks work with my new revolving handle farmers that finally put me over the top. Even though the handles on my farmers are smaller than the inch handle I really had to squeeze like hell when walking with them as well as using the wrist to try and hold on the last few feet of a long walk. They destroy my hands and forearms for a few days after a couple good walks but after that my hands and forearms feel even stronger. Thornton is probably right in your case, that would help.

- Aaron

Today was a group training day as well as a test day. The dieting I've been doing for weight loss really kicked my butt today as well. my Glycogen reserves must have already been low before the start of the training cause my tank felt emty almost the entire time. Did 2nd session in the evening as well to finish a few things that needed to be done after some time on the couch recovering and some food.

1/10

Squats

5x135, 5x185, 20x225, 2x275 (Explosive) about half way thru grippers.

Grippers

warmup 5x#T, 5x#1, 3x#2, 2xEasy #3

RH 1xFiled Hard #3, 1xEasy BBE, 1xHard Flush BBE, 1x#3.5, 1xBBSE@1/8 (185), Miss by 1/16 Turned Neg BBSE (189), Miss by 1/4 turned Neg BBSE (204), Attempt 2x BBSE@1/8 (185) almost got 2nd rep miss by a hair, New #3.5 out of the package on Vid missed 2nd rep by a hair, some rest then almost 3 reps on new #3.5

LH numerous singles on Avg #3 and Easy BBE, Few Negs on new #3.5

Barbell Jerk

2x225

Blob

BH 2x1

RH 1 clean and press (PR)

2HP 54mm

4x160, 3x180, 1x200, 2x1x220

Bending

4x60d, 4x 6.5x5/16, 1x 6"x3/8 Steel Works to 3.5" ran out of gas long before got to this., Various Isos on last piece throughout remainder of workout.

Axle DL

DO 5x125, 3x175, 3x215, 1x265, 1x305, 1x355

Rev grip 1x405 (PR) - nice to be able to pull over 400 again regardless of bar or grip.

Braced Bending

1x 1/2x16" HRS

Farmers walk 1 7/8 revolving handle

112 per hand ~ 150', 1x162 per hand pick and lockout - hold for 3 sec, Pick and lockout 172 per hand, 22sec 112 per hand

Wiped the hell out

PM session

Grippers

RH 20x#2 CCS

LH 2x#2 CCS, 17x#1 CCS

Wrist curl

20x140

Rev wrist curl

15x65

- Aaron

Killer workout for being wiped out :D

Figures, last time I was there lifting with you, "I can never clean the Blob, once it gets above the waist it squirts out ... hands to small ... blah blah blah" and now you pull it when I don't come over :D:laugh Nice job Aaron, sounds like an awesome day.

Awesome clean on the Blob! everything else was cool too ..... that just stood out to me cause I'm working on that too.

again, good job! :rock

Awesome clean on the Blob! everything else was cool too ..... that just stood out to me cause I'm working on that too.

again, good job! :rock

Aaron that was actually me posting that last post - Rex was on my computer and I didn't notice he was still logged on :laugh

Thanks Guys, I hoping for a bit more juice on the grippers, Axle, and bending but I'm glad to be at least closing the #3.5 again regularly.

- Aaron

Had a few minutes at lunch so I did a few gripper closes to work out some of the soreness from Saturday.

10x#T, 5x#1, 3x#2, 2xEasy #3

1x Filed Hard #3

2x New #3.5

3x New #3.5 (Missed full close 3rd rep by a hair)

13sec OC on New #3.5

- Aaron

Yesterday I did a few closes on 136#, 155# grippers I was calibrating. Also got the 155# CCS

Last night did 30min fast walk.

Body feeling pretty beat up and achey still. Either getting sick or overtraining a little. May back off just a little til that resolves.

-Aaron

Yesterday I did a few closes on 136#, 155# grippers I was calibrating. Also got the 155# CCS

Body feeling pretty beat up and achey still. Either getting sick or overtraining a little. May back off just a little til that resolves.

-Aaron

you starting to train your CCS now? awesome Aaron! thats a very nice CCS!

-Aaron

you starting to train your CCS now? awesome Aaron! thats a very nice CCS!

Thanks buddy, figured someday I need to get the #3 out of the way.

Training today at lunch

DL 5x135, 3x225, 3x295, 4x345

Blob

RH 2x, 1x + 6.25#, 1x +10#

LH Miss, Neg, Neg

2HP

110# hold, 160# hold

Grippers

RH 15x#2 CCS

LH 18x#1 CCS

CNS is fried as thought. evidenced by Grippers compared to last time doing CCS reps.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

Time for a update

Saturday 1/17/09

Went out with my wife and had a few pints of Kiltlifter and Blue Moon.

Fell upon the grippers when I got home feeling drunk and strong. Was supposed to be a rest day.

5x#T, 5x#1, 3x#2, 1xFiled Hard #3, 1x #3.5, 1x BBSE@1/8 (185), 1x RB330 (PR), 1x BBSE@1/8

Tugs

I+M 5x#5, 5x#6, 2x1x#7, 3x#7

R+P 5x#5, 8x#6, #7 Miss 1/4

Attempt at #7 I+M and #5 R+P same time. closed the #7, and missed the R+P by 1/4.

Monday 1/19/09

Lunch time final high level grip workout before MM5, forearms still feel beat to crap.

5x#T, 5x#1, 3x#2, 1xFiled Hard #3, 1x #3.5, BBSE@1/8 (185) miss by a hair, RB330 miss 1/8, Eaton #4 miss 1/8

PM

Didnt feel like doing a full bending workout but thought I would do a little crush work anyway. started by finishing a few pieces from waste bucket.

2x 6x1/4G5,

1x Huge Bastard from 2" to 3/4" 1 hit

1x 6" edgin from 2" to 1" 1 hit

Iso 6" KOAB @ 3" 2x7sec

iso 6 3/8x11/32 SS @ 3.25 7sec moved .1"

- Aaron

Edited by acorn