Race To Anything!

matthcarl

Alawadhi

Found out how effective isos are if you do them daily and hard.

Will take your advice to the heart :) Man the isos really helped me for ONLY 2 WEEKS! Although I got lazy again and didn't train for almost a week, but will train again starting tomorrow :D And yes doing hard isos are the key. I remember once you said make the isos long (around 10 seconds) and hard. Around the first week I was doing ISOS on the same stock which was stuck at 90 degrees (somewhere there) but I hit it FAST, HARD, AND LONG and it moved. It was really fun. It's also the day I got my first mag bastard. Now as per your advice I will train isos A LOT and will see the results.

Alawadhi

Found out how effective isos are if you do them daily and hard.

Will take your advice to the heart :) Man the isos really helped me for ONLY 2 WEEKS! Although I got lazy again and didn't train for almost a week, but will train again starting tomorrow :D And yes doing hard isos are the key. I remember once you said make the isos long (around 10 seconds) and hard. Around the first week I was doing ISOS on the same stock which was stuck at 90 degrees (somewhere there) but I hit it FAST, HARD, AND LONG and it moved. It was really fun. It's also the day I got my first mag bastard. Now as per your advice I will train isos A LOT and will see the results.

My friend

Your doing great you have the strength and qualities to go a hell of alot further but your stopping your own progress by being inconsistent you stopped bending for around 12mths or so imagine if you had carried on and also been doing the isos all that time as well were you would be now a few weeks of consistent bending and isos is showing you just the tip of what you are capable of believe in your own abilities and apply them and nothing will stop you not a punny piece of steel anyway :D

Update:

I got the SCF Polo 1 horseshoe the other day, so now my focus is on getting a DC anything (I have sizes 00 through 2) but I haven't managed to move one yet. Besides that, the Huge Bastard and Big Golden bastard are my main bending goals at present.

Matt, you should try to see what you can do to a 6.5" Red because those are a great stepping stone to the Golden of the same length.

Also, Gazza, I've found that I can't really do Isos. Not making excuses but every time I go to take a hit on a cold piece of steel when I'm not warmed up my right delt flares up and makes a really bad tearing noise that can't possibly be good.

Edited by vikingsrule92

Matt, you should try to see what you can do to a 6.5" Red because those are a great stepping stone to the Golden of the same length.

Also, Gazza, I've found that I can't really do Isos. Not making excuses but every time I go to take a hit on a cold piece of steel when I'm not warmed up my right delt flares up and makes a really bad tearing noise that can't possibly be good.

Yet you can crush down bars? It stands to reason that if you can crush, you can perform an iso. Or have I missed something and you've had to stop bending, or at least limit bending, for a little bit? A crush is an iso, the only difference is that the bar moves and not always all that much.

Another thing that Gazza has said a few times that I don't think many people have caught on to is using springs for isos. I have just started doing this and I think it is a great idea. I can't say just yet how well it is working or not though.

I had some valve springs from a big block ford, they test to 425 lbs at coil bind. I could close this already so I bought some racing valve springs on ebay. They tested to 725 and I can get them about halfway. The cool thing about those too is that they are triple springs, so when I can get the outer spring closed I can just throw the second spring inside it and continue.

Used racing springs are very cheap because no one wants used springs because they fatigue and could fail in an engine so I got a $400 set of quality super alloy springs for $5. They are certainly still useful for us! And I think it would take me years to cycle 1 enough times to break it so I don't think that is going to be a problem. Just do a search for triple valve spring on ebay or if you can't find any for sale you could probably go to a drag strip and ask people in the pits if they have any old valve springs or know anyone that has some, I'm sure it would be easy to find someone who will give them away, they are worthless for racing used.

The thing I loved about doing isos on f911's and stainless is the spring, you have direct feedback when you are actually producing max power because of the amount of deflection you are getting. So moving to using an actual spring was natural. They are small and convienient, I can take it to work and hit it anytime I feel like it. And I just wrapped some masking tape over the end for some padding, Gazza said to use it bare to condition the hands but I and most I would think need to progress to that point. So I need no pads to carry around and setup, just grab it out of my pocket and go.

They are easy to warmup on too, you can do a few smaller hits ramping up slowly to a max effort, this is probably why you can do a crushdown on an actual bend Derek but not a cold iso. Just try and warmup into it first.

Derek

Why are you doing isos cold do you go into a maximum bend cold :blush

Tim springs are great 4 isos and you can position them anywhere in the hands.

Derek

Why are you doing isos cold do you go into a maximum bend cold :blush

Tim springs are great 4 isos and you can position them anywhere in the hands.

Good point Gazza, it's just you always talk about doing isos frequently and I didn't know if you warmed up first.

Zach, it's due to that I don't warm up before an iso but I do before a bend. And apparently I need to start warming up before an iso :blush

i use a spring as a warm up before doing issos.

it has really improved my crush over the last 6 months but my kink is still crap :(

boland

When i do isos wether it be with a spring or bar i get into position and i just ease into it for a few seconds then slowly build the pressure i do this 4 a couple of goes then usually on the 3rd or 4th go i am set to go right at it.

Ive gotten to the point now where on the 1st iso i can just slowly ease into it for a few seconds then go all out i try to hold the iso for 7-10 secs.

Springs are great because once warmed up you can just keep compressing them for a hit then back off then hit again and so on and feeling the spring compress gives you a better mental sign that your applying your pressure also you have the added thing that the spring is pushing back against you so that developes strength also.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update: I did my cert on the DC0, and while it wasn't fully straightened, I am proclaiming victory over the third of my personal goals (after the golden and Polo 1). Still working on the stuff in my signature (and anything harder).