Peter Horne Memorial Grip Contest

David Horne

• 1 month later...

Ok the contest is 5 weeks away, and we have quite a few names so far. If anyone else is thinking of coming please tell me.

Also if anyone who is coming wants to purchase any apparatus from my shop and save on postage, please tell me and you can pick them up. We will also have heavy strongman equipment by then.

David

David, I enjoyed it last year and I'd like to have another crack and see if I can do a bit better this time :mosher

I wish I could be there. Best of luck to all of you!!

I agree and same here, wish I could be there (mainly to watch & drink beer) :>)

Hopefully this will be video recorded & made available for sale ?

This looks like a nice and fun contest with a good choice of disciplines. Unfortunately it's on the same day as the armwrestling nationals here :(

I wish you guys a lot of fun and some PRs :rock

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I forgot what day it was! Where's a "hang your head in shame" emoticon when you need one?

I'm doing stuff for my Birthday now, so I can't go (cos the girl organising it is really pretty!) but I wish you all well...Now: who's going from the Northwest to the British Championships? Or do I have to pass my driving test to get there?

Don't know if I'm competing, but I'll probably be going down either way. I will probably go on the motorbike though and don't think it would appreciate you on the back! The trains are ok, I've done that before. Whey HQ is about a 10 min walk from the station.

Whey HQ is in Gloucester where as the Peter Horne memorial event is at David Horne's in Stafford.

I will probably go on the motorbike though and don't think it would appreciate you on the back!
You don't fancy a 200 mile wheelie??? :blush

David, i have work fri/sat night and couldn't get there and back in time. Sorry i can't make this one. Wishing everyone a good day and big PRs all round.

All the best! :rock