Trying Some Big Brass

gazza

Dan

4 days previous to this i got a piece was well out side 5mins tho but it went doen none the less but i didnt have the video running then so decided to do these for the video i think its just a mixture of a few things the previous bends took alot more than i thought outa me,just started working nights again so body clocks all over the place,had a bit of a flu bug thats been going around and alot of stress and mental baggage lately none of these have helped but on the day just not strong enough it will go down next session tho even if i have to stay in the shed all day to get it done :D

Its also nice to show that sometimes i am human but hey keep that to yourself :D

Awesome Gazza, you show you are Human. Respect!!!

Edited by Booyah!!!

Impressive. I never get tired of watching your insane videos.

Those were all awesome to watch Gazza and the 1/2 and 7/16 brass must be obserdly hard great work you will have the 1/2 done soon!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

Great work Gazza,that some sick stuff man, :rock :rock :rock :rock

I'll be calibrating some various lengths of FBBC brass at 3/8" and a 1/2 x 7" piece shortly.

The crushdown on that stuff is so spongy it's comical. It's a nice change of pace, but I still like good ol' HRS or CRS the best.

And, Gazza... :rock

Thanks for doing the calibrations on the GB and FGB Eric. You're absolutely right about the crushdown on the big brass being so springy that it's comical. So far, I've bent 7" x 3/8" and 6-1/2" x 3/8" round brass, and though the kink and early sweeps aren't bad, it definitely gets very tough once the posts are about 3" apart. It feels like you hit a brick wall all of a sudden, and it worries/angers you because the brass feels like it's try to straighten back out. On the 6-1/2" piece, it took me 10 good hits to get it from a 3" spread to a 2-1/8" spread. I was so worn out, I had to put it down and give it one good hit the next day. On that hit, I got it to about a 1-3/4" spread. Much respect for the crushdown on big brass. For those that have bent the 5/16" 303-SS, how does the big brass compare in overall difficulty? I've only bent 304-SS and while it was tough, everyone I've talked to said it's nowhere near as hard as 303-SS.