St. Croix Polo 1

MalachiMcMullen

Also, I think 90 degrees is all you need for a legal FBBC cert.

Tim

I'm pretty sure it's 180. Just for the sake of accuracy :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MalachiMcMullen

• Tim71

• vikingsrule92

• DAN PRAYDIS

As to my life outside FBBC, work, the Mag, Strongman, etc. I get up at 5:30 most mornings & work on FBBC stuff until about 7:15, that's when everyone else in my house starts waking up. The during my workouts I do more (3 times per week, about 90min ea). Then usually every 3rd or 4th week I'm behind enough that I get a babysitter for the kids for 3-4 hours when my wife's at work (she works part time as a nurse also) & get caught up. I only do a few competitions per year now, I don't want to be away from the family. As a nurse, I work three 12 hour shifts per week, so I'm off 4 days a week. There's an exciting peek into the inner workings of FBBC & John Beatty... :laugh

As to Horseshoe cert rules. Braced or unbraced, whatever you want to do. I bend them braced. Minimum of a 90 degree bend, more is fine. I guess 5 min will be fine for the time limit. Wraps, padding fine. No tools or pipe. Vid certs are fine.

I was thinking John said 90 degrees but it took a while for me to find it. Like you said though when you can make the heart, it makes a great conversational piece but to make it official, 90 gets it.

Tim

As to my life outside FBBC, work, the Mag, Strongman, etc. I get up at 5:30 most mornings & work on FBBC stuff until about 7:15, that's when everyone else in my house starts waking up. The during my workouts I do more (3 times per week, about 90min ea). Then usually every 3rd or 4th week I'm behind enough that I get a babysitter for the kids for 3-4 hours when my wife's at work (she works part time as a nurse also) & get caught up. I only do a few competitions per year now, I don't want to be away from the family. As a nurse, I work three 12 hour shifts per week, so I'm off 4 days a week. There's an exciting peek into the inner workings of FBBC & John Beatty... :laugh

As to Horseshoe cert rules. Braced or unbraced, whatever you want to do. I bend them braced. Minimum of a 90 degree bend, more is fine. I guess 5 min will be fine for the time limit. Wraps, padding fine. No tools or pipe. Vid certs are fine.

I was thinking John said 90 degrees but it took a while for me to find it. Like you said though when you can make the heart, it makes a great conversational piece but to make it official, 90 gets it.

Tim

Well thanks much for the info Tim! I always assumed it was 180 because that's what all the cert videos I've seen have done.

It's 90?!?!? Damn I could have certed on the Size 0 by now then I assumed it was 180 just like Zach because of all of the vids and I never took the time to look it up.

Tim, sorry I didn't know there was a lite rim I've only seen the non-rimed ones, my mistake.

Derek,

Believe me I'm trying to piece together this horseshoe progression puzzle myself. Just trying to share what my research has yielded because I know it's one of the more confusing areas.

I'm far from there though.

Tim