Top Posters In This Topic

• Titan

• 1stCoC

• David_wigren

• superfeemiman

Richard,

Great job getting it done!!! Congrats :rock

congrats! you are still the man. :bow:bow

Once again Richard, showing everyone who the GripReaper really is!! Talk about one exciting event. I am honored to have been there and witnessed this momentous occasion!! For those who have seen the pics and the video are still missing out on the excitement and electicity that was in the air that day. I was more jacked up after seeing this than I have been in a long time. Once again, congrats!!!

When I grow up, I want to be just like you,

House

When I thought all ther dragons have been slain "the new" quest popped up. The experience of gearing up mentally, physically and then going for it on the #3 has changed and re-newed me. I always wondered in my mind if after so many years I could make muster and hold my own against rules and odds that were not in my favor. It was tough to re-learn my timing and step out from my "secure place" to expose myself to failure...but you know, more good has come from this than I ever could expect. When you aspiring grip kings and "Captains of Crush of old" can, take a quiet moment of soul searching to ask yourself the question "can I make muster? Whatever your answer "is" act on it! Good luck to one and all.... I wish you could have been there to share that wonderful moment in my life. RS

It was just brought to my attention that the video footage of my actual successful credit card close of the #3 was not posted yet and the two week prior attempt was the only material available. Below find link to see the action on the day of actual certification. RS

http://www.sorinexforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=206

Thanks much Richard!!! And again congrats, truly inspirational.

Awsome video! I was climbing my chair, clinching my fists just watching it!

And yes that is close enough :D

Richard-

You're a true inspiration to everyone in the grip community!

Great work!

i'm impressed with how fast you accomplished this feat. out of curiosity, why do you wear the tape around your wrists?

I have worn tape around my wrists during heavy training for the past 40 years in track, weightlifting and powerlifting. It serves to support and binds the wrist tendon bundle without the blood occluding pressure of elastic wraps. Old time strongmen wore and I also have a set of the leather type (support without stretch or over compression) wrist straps . Ever look at Slim the Hammerman?...he wears them ALL the time (even at dinner).On the first re- cert trial I wore white tape, during the second and sucessful trial I wore black as a personal, silent message of commitment.RS

www.sorinexforums.com

What made that video so cool was seeing that infamous poster in the background of when he 1st accomplished this unbelievable feat of grip strength making him the 1st official COC. That was a great video Richard .. Congrats !!

What made that video so cool was seeing that infamous poster in the background of when he 1st accomplished this unbelievable feat of grip strength making him the 1st official COC. That was a great video Richard .. Congrats !!

Nice observation. Very cool, but I don't know if "infamous" is the right word? :D

I stand corrected .. I truly meant to say FAMOUS .. lol Thks bro ... My bad ! lol I met Richard at an AOBS dinner and reinacted that photo with me holding his Phantom and him standing next to me. I tried to mimick the photo when my wife shot it at the dinner .. lol

Edited by Titan

I stand corrected .. I truly meant to say FAMOUS .. lol Thks bro ... My bad ! lol I met Richard at an AOBS dinner and reinacted that photo with me holding his Phantom and him standing next to me. I tried to mimick the photo when my wife shot it at the dinner .. lol

Seriously, I (used to) get it confused all the time. Most of the time it can be used interchangeably with famous so it's easy to be mistaken.

okay ... now I gotta get out a dictionary .. lol Not to hyjack this thread but that video was awesome .. I felt like I was there. I truly would like to visit his facility sometime in the very near future. Hopefully in June of 08.

I have worn tape around my wrists during heavy training for the past 40 years in track, weightlifting and powerlifting. It serves to support and binds the wrist tendon bundle without the blood occluding pressure of elastic wraps. Old time strongmen wore and I also have a set of the leather type (support without stretch or over compression) wrist straps . Ever look at Slim the Hammerman?...he wears them ALL the time (even at dinner).On the first re- cert trial I wore white tape, during the second and sucessful trial I wore black as a personal, silent message of commitment.RS

www.sorinexforums.com

Is there a particular kind of tape you use (medical, electrical, etc)?

Btw, the close on your re cert was similar to a 1st round KO the way you slammed the gripper shut and then held it closed for a while. That's the way a cert should be done. Most impressive.