Who's Best On The Gr8 #4?

lloyd80s

Judging by videos seen or things witnessed by people, who would you say would get the #4 closest to closed from a TNS right now? (repeat: closes to closed, even if you think it can only be gotten to 1 inch between the handles in this manner and by Godzilla).

Morton certified with a parallel set didn't he? And even if he did 3-4 reps, they seemed to open to half an inch. That's totally different from a CCS or TNS. I think the most impressive video of a TNS that I've seen is Tommy's BBSE with the 2.5" spread. It's still a BBSE. And GarytheDyno said that at the AOBS dinner, after a lot of things he did (potatoes, etc), he got his #3.5 to a hair with a TNS. Surely fresh for fresh he would've gotten it, wouldn't you say? I think if he would set his mind, he'd CCS a #4 !! But he's also certed and probably no reason to go after that. But to me he's the best with big sets. Not to take anything away from Big Dave Morton, but if you read his logs in gripperhell, he does pretty much only parallel reps? So we have no idea how strong is his CCS? Do you guys think if someone is closing a #4 from a 3/4" set, it means they can CCS an avg. #3.5? Keeping in mind CCS is nearly THREE TIMES the 3/4" most people refer to as parallel.

The answer is simple. Judging by videos seen Joe Kinney is the best.

Correct! Kinney's the man.

Also not to take anything away from Tommy, I admire his accomplishments too, but spread makes a world of difference. BBSE with a 2,5" spread is not likely anywhere near a #4. Narrow BB Pro's are closer to #4 towards the end but even those are still easier. I'm not too far closing my pro with 2,25" spread and once I do I'm not going to say "it's still a Pro".

It's all individual and depends on the training how you do with different sets. I would say anyone who can close an average #4 MMS can close an average #3.5 with any set, no problem.

You really can't compare that well as grippers vary so much. I got a lot of credit from my out of the package #3.5 video, but I said it was an easy #3.5. Easy enough for TNS + some handle grinding with fresh hands. But I just missed a CCS on the hardest #3.5 I've closed MMS. I missed it by 1cm. That's a lot.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lloyd80s

• Teemu I

• jad

• acorn

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a guy that certed on the #3 a couple of month ago. He is STRONG. He was on IronMind. He got the "new shiny spring" #4 to 1/2" TNS (I assume it's TNS because his other hand was broken). Plus it was his first time ;)

There is a guy that certed on the #3 a couple of month ago. He is STRONG. He was on IronMind. He got the "new shiny spring" #4 to 1/2" TNS (I assume it's TNS because his other hand was broken). Plus it was his first time ;)

Who is this guy?

Who is this guy?

Vache Sevajian I think and it was in Feb at the FitExpo

Goes by UCLA throwing here on the board.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

The answer is simple. Judging by videos seen Joe Kinney is the best.

Oh, yeah, that.... I forgot, because I haven't seen it since it's not free and I spent all my money on grippers I can't do a thing with :tongue