I Need Some New Goals...all Advice Is Welcome

Too Tall

2 finger and a thumb on 3 35s?

Holding the #3 shut by the last two fingers?

Throw the Inch from hand to hand?

:laugh You are a trip...very funny :rock

lol. Maybe you think I was kidding but no I wasn't. IMO, you can do this.

You did 3 35s (ok 33s to be exact) after 12 hours of competing. That's not easy. Why not try 2 finger and a thumb? A new goal.

You also closed the phantom 4 which is equivalent to CoC#4 in strength (as far as I know, because Richard said he saw Dave Morton and Tommy closed it with a deep set, and both are #4 closers). And the board member Patrick who showed a video of a #4 close can get the #3 to 1/4" of closing with his last two fingers. So both of you are at about the same level in grippers. So why not go a step further and hold it shut with the last two fingers?

Throw the Inch from hand to hand must be insane. So better to go step by step. I read somewhere that Joe Kinney could pass the Inch from hand to hand. Pass the Inch not throw :D So why not train for it? You have the hand size AND strength.

You bent the 6.5 big G5 with only a month of hard training. If you did that then you can do anything.

Again it’s my opinion.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Too Tall

• Alawadhi

• burkhardmacht

• lifesnotfair

modified list of Wade Gillinghams best grip feats - simply beat those records:

Farmer's walk with two 50 pound BLOBS (current best is 90 feet)

Pass the BLOB around their back (current best is 15 revolutions)

Farmer's walk with two 45 pound plates flat side out in each hand (current best is 40 feet)

Pinch grip to a full standing position 6-10 pound standard olympic plates

BLOB plus weight (current best is total weight of 75.5 pounds)

Passing two 45 pound plates around the back (current best is 12 revolutions)

Rolling Thunder lift of 267 pounds or WR (don't know Your best RT lift)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

other ideas:

A good 4# close on video with a set slightly over parallel (there's still no real good 4# close video - except Kinneys... :inno )

MDB-DL

Inch Cl+Pr

MDB+Inch

for sure: InchDB FW : beating Joels record!! (most important feat IMO)

Axle DL WR record

Ahh, I forgot 4x10kg plates!

Farmer's walk with two 50 pound BLOBS (current best is 90 feet)

Pass the BLOB around their back (current best is 15 revolutions)

Farmer's walk with two 45 pound plates flat side out in each hand (current best is 40 feet)

Pinch grip to a full standing position 6-10 pound standard olympic plates

Passing two 45 pound plates around the back (current best is 12 revolutions)

Rolling Thunder lift of 267 pounds or WR (don't know Your best RT lift)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

other ideas:

A good 4# close on video with a set slightly over parallel (there's still no real good 4# close video - except Kinneys... :inno )

MDB-DL

Inch Cl+Pr

MDB+Inch

for sure: InchDB FW : beating Joels record!! (most important feat IMO)

Axle DL WR record

Yes, these would be incredible feats to match for sure...Wade is VERY strong :rock

Lift the 55 and/or 66 pound blobs made in Europe by heavygriptools. Shipping would probably be terrible, however they would definitely be good goals.http://www.heavygriptools.ch.vu/
Very true...I will check into it :rock ThanksRolling Thunder lift of 267 pounds or WR (don't know Your best RT lift)275#'s on an old handle.

You have to be joking.. is that for real? WOW!!!

He isn't the king of pinch for nothing ;)

I'm not sure who is this by now...

Also, to beat David Horne would be a good one, on his home turf if you can afford it.
I'd (literally) pay to see this. We set up a paypal ccount to get David over the water, surely the reverse yould be possible? I could give free room and board to cut down expenses.

It is Wade. Look in this topic under his nickname http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...mp;#entry251645

It is Wade. Look in this topic under his nickname http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...mp;#entry251645

Possibly you're being a bit literal here, I think what Burkhard means is: just cos his title says it, doesn't mean it is so, it just means it hasn't been challenged/tested/updated in a while.

However, if anyone's better at pinch than Wade, I'd love to see it.

Also, to beat David Horne would be a good one, on his home turf if you can afford it.
I'd (literally) pay to see this. We set up a paypal ccount to get David over the water, surely the reverse yould be possible? I could give free room and board to cut down expenses.

I would be up for the challenge...this would be a GREAT "super match" :rock He is a GREAT proven competitor over the years :rock

Set it up Twig :rock

I've always thought an actual Inch clean like Mark Henry's was one of the greatest feats I've ever seen

Agreed. This one has passed the test of time. So has a #4 cert.

I would thus go for:

1) Inch clean and press (or continental)

2) RT World record

3) #4 or MM6 cert (a good tad easier seemingly b/c of CCS vs MMS...).

But be #1 in all your future grip comps is already a huge goal.

Be the first to add weight to 3-35s!

Do you still compete strongman? Maybe see how heavy of farmers you can take for a walk or pick,...500lb a hand!?

Edited by carusom1

You might work on your Hercules Hold a bit :blush

Edited by climber511

A rafter chin at your size would be out of this word.

How much is his weight?

Ok. Rafter chinup with that weight will be VERY impressive. What do you think Chad? ;)

How much is his weight?

Ok. Rafter chinup with that weight will be VERY impressive. What do you think Chad? ;)

Wouldn't that imply that he'd need to be capable of pinching at least his BW from the floor? David Horne has done both rafter chins and pinched over BW.

How much is his weight?

Wouldn't that imply that he'd need to be capable of pinching at least his BW from the floor? David Horne has done both rafter chins and pinched over BW.

I think pinching own BW isn't necessary. You can use your chest and try to press your hands together, so that makes things little easier.

Edited by Koura

Guys...I am trying to set some new grip goals...and I need your help :rock

Yes, I would love to CC set a new #4...but that is not realistic :(

This is what I have been thinking about:

* I am trying to go after the MM6 (not to far away...with a little time...I will get it)

* Florian and Burk want to see a double Inch FW...I am currently training for it...and the blob/inch FW for more distance than I have done.

* I want to give another go at the Grip Gauntlet

* Bend a KOAB

* I thought about giving a go at the RT WR...ever since the new talk about it

I am just trying to go after and make some new goals...I need your help.

Thanks,

Chad Woodall

MM6 - you will accomplish this one.

Double Inch - combo Inch Blob - also you will do.

Grip Gauntlet - in a day - I don't know - this would require a total commitment to training just for this for a long time - and possibly acquiring matching equipment to train with. But it would be quite an accomplishment.

KOAB - Just a matter of devoting the time - I think it's possible if you can stay injury free along the way.

RT WR - this is the only one anybody outside of the grip world seems to even know about - you've won about every contest out there and outside the GripBoard, who even knows of it - the RT seems to have a lot more recognition to it in the Strongman and overall strength world - go for that one.

Guys...I am trying to set some new grip goals...and I need your help :rock

Yes, I would love to CC set a new #4...but that is not realistic :(

This is what I have been thinking about:

* I am trying to go after the MM6 (not to far away...with a little time...I will get it)

* Florian and Burk want to see a double Inch FW...I am currently training for it...and the blob/inch FW for more distance than I have done.

* I want to give another go at the Grip Gauntlet

* Bend a KOAB

* I thought about giving a go at the RT WR...ever since the new talk about it

I am just trying to go after and make some new goals...I need your help.

Thanks,

Chad Woodall

MM6 - you will accomplish this one.

Double Inch - combo Inch Blob - also you will do.

Grip Gauntlet - in a day - I don't know - this would require a total commitment to training just for this for a long time - and possibly acquiring matching equipment to train with. But it would be quite an accomplishment.

KOAB - Just a matter of devoting the time - I think it's possible if you can stay injury free along the way.

RT WR - this is the only one anybody outside of the grip world seems to even know about - you've won about every contest out there and outside the GripBoard, who even knows of it - the RT seems to have a lot more recognition to it in the Strongman and overall strength world - go for that one.

Ditto.