Boys, Be Humbled!

John Beatty

I get to train with Shayna and her husband Nate, some of the greatest people you could meet.

very humbling training with a woman who if compared to by bodyweight is destroying all the guys that show up to paxton!

I will try to help her with the DL form ( as I'm quite the puller from the floor) she is a great puller from 15"+ but form breaks down from the floor.

as to the rest of her grip? just incredible, today she walked with 200 farmers each hand for 50'(which is usually no problem for her, but she is now recovery from some minor surgery to her stomach, so it's pretty impressive)

There is another video on youtube with her pulling 230# part of the way up without a hook.

Still a great lift!

She did that the day after the 285 pull. Had to prove that she could pull some weight without the hook (after some dispute in the thread on marunde). If she takes some rest I bet should could nail some weights.

Incredible lifts! I've never tried v-bar but I was thinking that as a guy just starting out in grip stuff shooting for the female records would be a good goal...this has me rethinking that. It's all the more impressive since she's so skinny. :bow

Hey Everyone,

Just found out about this board/thread so I thought I would check it out. Really want to thank everyone for all the kind words. Training with guys keeps me on my toes, but with this one I think I get to keep them on their toes!!!

Paul your awesome to train with, however I think you might have blinked during the farmers walk today. I went 120 feet with a turn at 60 feet with 200 and without a belt becaue of the surgery recovery. That was a PR for me!! :rock

I'll be hitting Vbar again next week, we'll see how it goes!

I also appreciate the concern about my deadlift form but I think that I am too old to change my ways. :D .

Thanks Again

Shayna

Hey Everyone,

Just found out about this board/thread so I thought I would check it out. Really want to thank everyone for all the kind words. Training with guys keeps me on my toes, but with this one I think I get to keep them on their toes!!!

Paul your awesome to train with, however I think you might have blinked during the farmers walk today. I went 120 feet with a turn at 60 feet with 200 and without a belt becaue of the surgery recovery. That was a PR for me!! :rock

I'll be hitting Vbar again next week, we'll see how it goes!

I also appreciate the concern about my deadlift form but I think that I am too old to change my ways. :D .

Thanks Again

Shayna

my bad :bow now that you mention it I remember the turn, crazy stuff.

as for the deadlift, it will be fixed, and 400 won't be a problem

I ahve been training at the gym for many years but are nrw to this and got interested because of my late interest in AW, but this woman got me humbled, and I say that whoyout even having tried the lifts she is shown doing in this thread... She totally rocks :rock

BIG FAN I AM... And as newbie I would be very proud to be able to do what she does.

Just one question, how strong is she in regular grippers, coc... Could she crush a coc #2?

I also wonder how I would do against her in a arm wrestle? Bet a lot of other guys would ike to feel her strength to :cool

And she is sooooo TINY

What is a V-bar anyway... Hard to tell from the clips.

Somebody got a got pic or a explanation?

Always looking for variation in my training

That is only a bar what is pointing straght to the sky.. ;). You grab top of the bar and lift it. No knurling at it.