Picked Up My Homemade Inch Today

maidenfan

Why would the shape of the bell make any difference on how it rotates? As long as the dumbell is one piece, or the plates dont rotate, it shouldnt matter.

PS - I'm talking about uniform shapes here.

I have 2 globe bell and varoius other types, the globes are way harder, ie have more rotation, if i was any good at physics i would give a great reason as to why but im, not maybe someone else can

You're probably right brother, I was just curious to why that would be. This "Inch" problem I have is going to kill me - by the time I skirt around actually buying one of these things I'll have spent triple the money :blink

Instead of making a new thread I'm going to use this one :)

My baby BFDB was nearly DL'd fully today by a 6'5" 215lb friend of mine using a thumbless grip and all wrist! He was pretty consistently getting it at least 1.5' off the ground. He has really long fingers ontop of having 8.25" hands so I figured he'd have a better chance at it than me but I certainly didn't expect him to get it off the ground! My old art teacher who doubles as the school's JV wrestling coach(we're one of the best in the state!) gave it some valiant go's but didn't get it more than 2", more than me though :blush

There is a question in this, I'm not 100% sure how to train with this thing. I know I'm in error because I don't have anything lighter to work with or a usable axle yet but these are all I have to work with for the next few weeks at least. I overestimated the difficulty a great deal and I'm paying for it in humility. My plan is to eventually do as Mitch suggested and cut 2" off the ends of BOTH bells and make them reattachable but until that time I'm going to try and slide it accross my epoxy garage floor horizontally and once I can do that work up gradual inclines until I'm perpendicular to the ground.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

im building up to it by using a 2.5" plate loadable dumbbell, make sure the collars are tight to stop the plates spinning on the bar