Nightowls Training Log

nightowl27

thanks a lot for your replies guys. i wasnt here for a quite long time so i am answering a bit late. my bodyweight is at the moment about78 kg because i gained weight.

at the time i did the clean and press it was about 75-76kg.

my last workouts were :

Mo.;19.05.08:

20rep Front squat 73kg

Power clean and press

Rolling thunder pullups ( 10/7/5wdh)

pullovers 20x 10kg

Wed.;21.05.08:

20rep Frontsquat 78kg

Power clean and press

Rolling Thunder pullups(11/7/5)

pullovers like before

Fri.;23.05.08

20rep Frontsquat 83kg

Power clean and press,68kg, 2x(1,2,3,4) und 1x(1,2,2) from hang below knees

Rolling thunder pullups(12/7/5)

pullovers like before

Mo.;19.05.08:

20rep Front squat 88kg

Power clean and press

Rolling thunder pullups ( 13/7/5wdh)

pullovers 20x 10kg

my legs are my weakest factor involved in the clean and push press so i have to work on it. no shame to gain a bit of weight with this routine.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nightowl27

• ewokhugo

• FrankyBoy

• MalachiMcMullen

Wed.;28.05.08:

17rep Frontsquat 93kg

Power clean and press 5x(1,2,3) 68kg

Rolling Thunder pullups(14/7/6)

pullovers like before

The Frontsquats were hard but i threw the bar away because i couldnt rack the weight well. the first ten reps went without problems but then i felt like i have to bend a bit forwards to prevent losing the weight. think i would have gotten 19 reps, perhaps 20 but who cares. I will continue training and that is all that counts.

friday,30.05.08

power clean and push press , 5x5reps with 73 kilo

front squat 98kilo, 6x3 reps

saturday31.05.08: just wanted to know how my deadlifting is after a break for some month...

1single 158 easy and one single 178, not easy but no max. noticed that my form changed after practicing the front squat.

monday,02.06.08

in the morning 5 singles deadlift 133kg

5 reps abwheel standing rollout

power clean and press, 5 x 1,2,3 with 78 kilo, stopp with the arms on eye level on the eccentric phase for a second,

front squat 6x3 reps with 103 kilo

eagle loop chin ups, 3x5 reps with 20kg additional, then one set only 3 reps

wednesday,4.06.08

in the morning 4 singles deadlift 133kg

5 reps abwheel standing rollout

in the evening

power clean and press, 6 x 1,2,3 with 78 kilo,

front squat 6x3 reps with 105.5 kilo

friday,06.06.08

squat clean singles for warming up and practice, 58 3s,63 3s,68 3s,

then front squat 5x3reps with 108kilo

after this dimeldeadlifts with jump shrug 98kg 5x5reps, started slightly above knee level,

then sots press while leaning against a pillar with my back.

after getting up from the sots press i felt a heavy pain in my back, i think the dimel deadlifts were too heavy. the next day i had to get out of my bed an all fours...it s better now and i hope i can continue tomorrow with my training. the back is not really injured but cramped.

• 1 month later...

it has been a long time since i have been here.wont write down all the workouts but one of the last one....and of course the latest achievements...

i trained a lot with 5x5 ( 2 progressively heavier warm up sets and three working sets ) on front squat , deadlift and press and also finger rolls. also practiced the suitcase deadlift and the squat clean with singles and lighter poundages. started with the bent press last week also with singles with increasing weight.

Deadlift 5x 118 5x148 178x5 178x5 178x3

then overhead press:58x5 70.5x5 83x3 83x3 83x2 the press workout was some kind of taper from the last week with 2worksets of five with 83 kg and one with 4 reps

latest achievement: squat clean 108kg

one hand suitcase deadlift 90.5kg

deadlift 198kg

standing press 93kg

bent press 53kg

every lift raw and beltless on uneven ground(earth and dust/more dust)....think the deadlift was extended by 1-2 cm because the weight was sticking in the dust...

ah,i forgot the bodyweight....its about 78-79 kg now.

thursday i will go to germany for 6 weeks of vacation. i think i will train in a local gym to have access to weights.

i will also load some videos up (youtube). here it doesnt work anymore and i dont know why...

Edited by nightowl27

• 2 months later...

its one more time a long time ago i posted something here. perhaps because i dont do any specialized grip work at the moment.

but wednesday i just wanted to try how i do with my grippers. i closed the #2 the first time with my left and then i closed the RB210 really strong with my right hand. its a bit harder then my #2. after this i wanted to try some bending and bended the yellow nail really quick.

yesterday i repeated the bend of the yellow nail and then tried the blue nail. i got it up to 120-130 degrees. i know that its not a lot but i think i can do it next time if i dont bend the yellow nail first.

the clue is that i didnt practice any bending or grip stuff the last months. nevertheless i want to share my current routine with you.....

training on wednesday the 1st of october 08:

Squats: 73kgx5 90x5 and then 113kg x 5 x 3sets, the legs are my weakest spot and i am just starting now with back squats....

after this i did alternated overhead presses ( strict with touch on the chest) and ring chins with additional weight:

2x1,2,3,4 reps and 3x1,2,3 reps , the overhead press with 78kg and the ring chins with additional 24kgs. i hope you understand the ladder system i used.

i took 2min rest between the ladders(not the reps!).

Nice going with the grippers, Pierre! :rock

@franky:thanks a lot. fortunately my wrist is 100% ok. dont know if i told already but someone without any degree of medicine helped me with it. he learned everything by himself (of course with the help of books and so on) and noticed after some seconds what was wrong with my wrist. he set my wrist and it took some time until i really could believe its ok now. after a long time i had now a reason to try my hand and wrist strength with a healthy wrist.

nevertheless i will train now three times a week the overhead press and ring chin ups (heavy,ligh and medium days) and two more days some kind of variety training. on theses two days i will do grip work as well. think i just did to much in the past so i had no real succes with it...

just dont know what to do....one arm deadlifts or perhaps with rolling thunder or training with my ivanko gripper? lets see...

Training Freitag 03.10.08:

High Pulls: 65.5x5 83x5 103x5x3Saetze

then Overhead Press 78kg: 5x58 and 2x 1,2 und 3x1

alternated with Ring chin ups +24kg 2 x 1,2 und 3x1 (easy workout for press and chins)

Saturday 25 singles one arm deadlift 78kg , before i did some bending with nails and some steel bar(got some steel with the length of the ironmind blue nail but its a bit easier then a yellow nail, the diameter is nearly the same).i actually wanted to wait some days but i couldnt resist...nevertheless i will wait now some days and then try the blue one again. i feel i can do it...

welcome Pierre!!

your shoulders are strong no doubt!

congrats for getting 2 p.r in a row(#2lh and rb210 rh)

do u have any rb 240?

yes i agree. Pierre its not a big man , but he is always in big shape (watch his physique).

He can perform different types of exercices ... its obvious he's enjoying his traning a lot!

I am pround to call him "friend":-)

thanks a lot for your motivating words. they are really pushing me forward.

my workout on monday:

press and ring chin alternated: 2x1,2,3 and 3x 1,2

and squats 5x75.5 and 5x90.5 and 5x113x 3 sets

on tuesday i wanted to try my best although i wasnt rested 100% .... but who cares?

overhead press strict 95.5 new PR , then Push press : 103x1 110x1x2 sets(camera went off the first time so i had to repeat). think i can get perhaps 113 to 115 kg but did some other things after this. yellow nail bend , then blue nail bend, after this coc #2 close left, tns close #2 with my right hand. did also two singles ring chinups with a 48kg kettlebell as additional weight. the additional weight is nothing new but i weigh nearly 10kg more since the last time...

if youre interested watch my videos on youtube.

i really appreciate the motivation i get from comments of strong people like you, be it here on the board or on youtube.also your good advices helped a lot .

thanks for that :rock

yesterday(wednesday): 40 singles clean and push press with 78kg with 0.5 to 1 minute rest in between. nowhere to the max, but i like to start out easy now and build up to new heights....for the next time with single training...

Edited by nightowl27

hey Pierre!

for any strange reason u were not at my youtube favourires(i add u a long time ago) ..damm!!!

40 singles ... waw! congrats man u are getting stronger all the time!

Im really annoyed. :angry: i cant upload the videos in paraguay because the internet connection is too slow. now i am just in brasil but here the pc doesnt recognize my usb stick.(this is the reason you,hugo , cant see me on your youtube channel) i think i have to try it next week in paraguay again. up to this time also no training. i will start monday again with my single training.

best wishes.....

now it works...one out of five pcs is able to do it...they will be ready to watch tomorrow i hope... :D

yesterdays training 12.10.08:

30singles clean and push press 78kg with 1-2min rest in between. very easy , by the way with a temperature of 40 degrees celsius :)

thanks hugo, i give my best....

training the last days...:

13.10: 15 singles ring chins +10kg

14.10: 30singles clean and push press mit 80.5kg

15.10: 15 singles ring chin +12.5kg

16.10: 30 singles clean and push press mit 83kg

17.10: 30 singles clean and push press mit 85.5kg, i liked to do this workout today but unfortunately i have no time....nevertheless it went very well without a day rest in between....

Edited by nightowl27

Did a 120kg max attempt in the push press on the 19th of october but it didnt work. 113 didnt work as well . dont know why but i am shure i can do the 113kg under good conditions. perhaps my perfomance was poor because i nearly had an accident before with my car. i was near by my house when a cougar crossed my way and also touched my car(i was driving with 120km/h). man, i ve seen a cougar sometimes before but never that close ...after this i was a bit excited and half an hour later i tried my max but did not succeed. who cares, i started yesterday with the russian squat assault and will do this for the next week to up my squat, press and ring chins as well.

yesterday,octoberthe 20th 2008:

press 65.5 9repsx4sets

then some hours later

squats 90.5kg 9reps x4 i know that my squatting power is really a shame at the moment but i always neglected my legs so i have to do still a lot of work!

today i will do ring chin ups with additional 10kg , also 9reps x 4 sets.

i am glad u are in healthy after the "accident"!

russian squats? how can i perform these?

Hi Hugo, thanks for your comment. The Russian squat Assault is a part of the Smolov routine.

4x9wdh with 70%

5x7wdh with 75%

7x5wdh with 80%

10x3 with 85%

next time the same but 10 or 20 pounds additional to that weight.

then another time but 5 or 10 pounds more. the additional poundage depends on the weight you are using. 10 and 5 pounds for everything between 200 and 300 pounds and everything between 300 and 400 pounds with 20 and then another 10 pounds additional( 30 pounds additional in relation to the starting weight).

here is a link to the original smolov/the russian squat assault is the second chart

http://www.ontariostrongman.ca/Resources/t...vsquatcycle.htm

you can also rearrange the shedule for two days a week. it depends on your conditioning level how often you can train without failing.

i am just listening to my body....after the RSA you are supposed to take another programm for a minimum of 6 weeks before trying it again. this is one of the hardest workouts one can do...

ok, my training on tuesday was as written before :

ring chin ups with additional 10kg , also 9reps x 4 sets

then on wednesday i did 5x7 wdh press 70.5kg

5x7 wdh squat 98kg

today i am doing ring chin ups again with additional 15kg

think i can do the next workout with squats and presses tomorrow, nearly no soreness today :) i will try to squat and press every other day as well chin up between these days . when i feel its getting to hard i will take one day more off to recuperate.

yesterday i felt still good after squatting and pressing and tried the #2.5 coc and closed it. the video should be able to watch on youtube soon.