madss

So far:

Chad Woodall

Jedd

Chris Rice

Scott George

Anson

Dave Morton

Morton won't be able to laugh at my gripper setting technique (or lack of same) this time hehe!

Where in NC will the contest be held? If it's near Raleigh then I'll be good to go. Anywhere else and I might need to hitch a ride with somebody.

Where in NC will the contest be held? If it's near Raleigh then I'll be good to go. Anywhere else and I might need to hitch a ride with somebody.

Very close to Charlotte so about 3 hours from Raleigh, hope you can make it.

Updated competitor list-

Chad Woodall

Jedd

Chris Rice

Scott George

Anson

Dave Morton

Bob Sundin

Jeremy Strong

I hate long drives my myself so if anyone coming thru Ohio wants to carpool - please contact me.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok guys this contest is going to be at my house in the dungeon, it looks to be a small scale event, and very laid back.

if you need a place to stay pm me, I have enough room at the house just bring a sleeping bag, or if you need hotel info let me know.

Chad will not be making Tarheel this year.

Could everyone that is intending on coming please pm me so we can get a head count. Thanks guys.

I might be able to go. As long as that weekend is not the weekend of Jeremiah's fight. I may be able to keep you company on the ride there Chris. I will let you know for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, Tarheel this year kind-a dissolved, As of right now there are 3 competitors.

Bob

Anson

Scott

well the worst anyone can get is 3rd. I don't know if this is still a contest or just a fun day pulling weights. anyway we will have a great time :rock

entry fee is now $0 to the first 3 that sign up!!!!! :D

I might be able to go. As long as that weekend is not the weekend of Jeremiah's fight. I may be able to keep you company on the ride there Chris. I will let you know for sure.

Not to get off topic too much, but could you let us know how he does, Nick? For those who don't know, Jeremiah (not Foxman) made Gripmas Carol his first grip meet.

• 2 weeks later...

The fight has been postponed. Not sure when it will be but I will keep you in the loop. He has worked hard and we still are so it should go well when he fights . I haope you guys have fun In NC!

The fight has been postponed. Not sure when it will be but I will keep you in the loop. He has worked hard and we still are so it should go well when he fights . I haope you guys have fun In NC!

Last I heard it's just a grip-together, not a real contest (only 3 of us). Is anyone else going to compete?

Edited by odin

All right - what happened?

Nothing really to report. Anson met with Scott in the morning and they did a welding project. I had to work a 1/2 day and stopped by in the afternoon. We were both feeling pretty weak (I was tired from a tough day and week of work and Scott was really sore from arm wrestling and related exercises). It looked like he'd put around 5-10 lbs. of muscle in his upper body since Gripmas. Scott's a mechanical genius, he can make just about anything.

I easily closed one of his HG grippers in a choker that Scott rated around 2.8 and almost closed his 3.1 -rated gripper in a choker (I think it was the 2nd time I've touched grippers since Gripmas?). I could tell right away that my pinch was MIA after messing a bit with his brand-new quick-loading euro-pinch device and "mouse". I'm just glad he was the only one there, I was so pathetically weak today, very embarrassing. I called it a day after trying his ~54-lb Blob several times and getting no air, did some OH-assisted lifts and negatives (couldn't even get air under his BLOB50 or 47.5 blob).

I was planning to do the axle, but have learned from experience not to push things when I'm tired and weak. It might be the whole-body workouts wearing me down a bit as well, think i'll order some whey protein ( Brent B recommended Muscle Milk), and maybe some vitamins/minerals and creatine. Right now I'm just using fish oil.

We spent quite a while talking, but not much else. Just one of those days, guess we were both feeling down about the Tarheel contest fizzling out-I was feeling primed to compete just a few days ago. :(

Edited by odin

yep, not much to report, Bob pretty well summed up the day.

Last Monday I went and pull with a local Arm Wrestling club and was sore x 10 all week.So we just messed around with different things all day. The D.O.A.BLOB gave Bob a work out today, it kind of laughed as we tried to get that fat thing off the ground. :D

Last Monday I went and pull with a local Arm Wrestling club and was sore x 10 all week.So we just messed around with different things all day. The D.O.A.BLOB gave Bob a work out today, it kind of laughed as we tried to get that fat thing off the ground. :D

Scott, I thought you'd decided (due to its lack of movement/penchant for seeking a comfortable resting area) to name it the Eaton Blob?

Scott, I thought you'd decided (due to its lack of movement/penchant for seeking a comfortable resting area) to name it the Eaton Blob?

oh yea we did decide that we were going to call it the Eaton Blob. After repeated attempts to get it off the pad to train it just sat there and laughed at our weakness. :D

oh yea we did decide that we were going to call it the Eaton Blob. After repeated attempts to get it off the pad to train it just sat there and laughed at our weakness. :D

Scott, John started whole-body training a few weeks ago, but I haven't gotten any updates this week-so I think he'll surprise us at the GGC or sooner if we keep encouraging and prodding him.

One day I will lift that Eaton Blob. :D

Edited by odin