Cali. Grip Contest

RKlein

Kevin Meskew emailed me last night. December 1 looks like it will work for him.

Let's plan on that. I have gotten several PMs, and participation is definitely going to be stronger on that date than others.

Mike

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hubgeezer

• RKlein

• THOR

• lone Wolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Well fellas you can prob count me out... I dislocated my clavical last fri and its been a week and ive only gained minimal movement...

I guess its kind of funny everyone was trying to accomodate me with the dates and events and now Im prob not going to go.

Ill try to keep you all up to date on what ever progress i could have.

Looks like Hub will be able to reclaim his title on Hub :happy

Have fun and grip strong.... :rock

THOR adam

• 3 weeks later...

I plan on being there Saturday December 1. My son Andy will also be competing.

Anyone know of any Father-Son entries in a Grip Comp before?

My kid is average height, 7 1/2 inch hands, a #2 closer, body strength better than me (doen't say much), except he will have only done 4 grip workouts. Except for an addiction to the Formulator, and working as a mechanic, he is not a grip guy.

My kid is average height, 7 1/2 inch hands, a #2 closer, body strength better than me (doen't say much), except he will have only done 4 grip workouts. Except for an addiction to the Formulator, and working as a mechanic, he is not a grip guy.

My two oldest sons competed with me at Gripmas 2006 here.

My two oldest sons competed with me at Gripmas 2006 here.

My dad WILL be competing with me in some contests next year (Cactus grip, BBB). Does that count? Hehehe

Oh and also, there's a miniscule chance I might be able to talk a parent into driving me out there. DOn't count on it, but I'm just stating my intentions.

Edited by vikingsrule92

I talked to Odd over the weekend. He won't be able to compete at the contest. He messed up his middle finger on his right hand (dominate, I mean dominate hand). :erm

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I need to back out. Check out my post in Goerner's. I have a leg injury that has not been diagnosed, and shows zero improvement after 4 days of bedrest. There is no way I can make it, and obviously my son won't be coming solo. And I was the strongest I had ever been, too. I have not spoken to Kevin Meskew, and don't have access to his phone number. If someone could email him (I will PM but that usually does not work with him) I would apreciiate it.

I am very upset about this, but there is nothing I can do.

Mike

There was a father son combo at TPS Grip Assault in March 2007.

Good luck to all at the comp. What are the events?

I hope you have speedy recovery Hubgeezer and that Thxgiving was good for you. I will still be going. Odd will stop by in the afternoon. He might show off a bit on Saturday. He has a bad middle finger, still.

Sorry about not having flyers or entry forms available, but I was busy with work and training for the WPF Worlds. You all can sign up at the contest site (my gym). Call me (818) 723-3350 or email me warrior01@earthlink.net if you need directions or other details. Let's get started @ 9am, weighin 8-8:45am...anyone have a problem with that time?

Let me get a headcount to see who's coming so I can plan awards accordingly. Thanx!

Kevin

ps I lifted Thursday (yes Thanxgiving Day) @ the WPF Worlds in Torreon, Mexico weighed 121, SQ 303, BP 176, DL 391, TTL 870...SQ, DL, TTL were Master 50-54 123 lb class world records

I hope you have speedy recovery Hubgeezer and that Thxgiving was good for you. I will still be going. Odd will stop by in the afternoon. He might show off a bit on Saturday. He has a bad middle finger, still.
Edited by ironwarrior

ps I lifted Thursday (yes Thanxgiving Day) @ the WPF Worlds in Torreon, Mexico weighed 121, SQ 303, BP 176, DL 391, TTL 870...SQ, DL, TTL were Master 50-54 123 lb class world records

Excuse me for my ignorance but is that in kgs or lbs? Sorry I don't know Powerlifting well. Either way great job on the WRs Kevin :rock:rock:rock Keep it up man!!

I will be there. Not sure about Thor neither one of us have been training grip, but it will be fun to see you guys. Thor's shoulder is still injured.

Great job Kevin those are some very strong lifts. :rock:rock:rock

Well as im sitter here at 11:30 on the 1st and reading the posts I can see that the comp was today, its ok I wasnt planning on going but man does time fly...

I guess I can look forward to seeing the results in the next few days, (assuming that im not to lazy to check) and by the way who all went?

Due to injuries of Adam & Mike & Kevin only some of the

usual suspect were there Bill, Rick, Ronnie, Me and 1 new guy John.

Rick put on a strong performance and took the honor of 1st place overall. Hopefully

Ronnie or Kevin will post the result up soon. Always have a good time at these contests.

congrats to everyone. sorry i missed the contest. i feel bad that the date was changed for me and i did not show. i am looking forward to the next contest.

HEY RICK! You didn't even RSVP and you won?

Congratulations!

Five people attending with all of our injuries and no-shows? We got something going, hopefully next time we will have 12 plus. No reason not to.

Kevin still needs to tabulate the results of the last one so the "top 3" can get posted on the various sites.

Wish my son and I could have been there.

Hope you guys had lots of PRs.

mc,hbgzr

Heck, Mike, I expected you to be there this weekend! Would have been a Salinas reunion. I didn't compete, but Odd and I made a cameo appearance at the end of the show. Odd did a 504 double overhand axle deadlift and a 257 RT with a broken middle finger on his right hand. Dang.

Heck, Mike, I expected you to be there this weekend! Would have been a Salinas reunion. I didn't compete, but Odd and I made a cameo appearance at the end of the show. Odd did a 504 double overhand axle deadlift and a 257 RT with a broken middle finger on his right hand. Dang.

WOW!!! That's ridiculous he pulled 504 with a broken middle finger??? :blink:whacked Wasn't the old WR like 450ish? THAT'S INSANE!!!

WOW!!! That's ridiculous he pulled 504 with a broken middle finger??? :blink:whacked Wasn't the old WR like 450ish? THAT'S INSANE!!!

What really makes it ridiculous is how easy he makes it look doing it . Last year he opened

with 454 lbs. in the contest.

What really makes it ridiculous is how easy he makes it look doing it . Last year he opened

with 454 lbs. in the contest.

next year I'll be pulling 554, Odd better be ready.