No Set Challenge

Cannon

I remember viewing a video of you closing something strong TNS, Bob. Funny, I was just thinking about this a couple hours ago. I've done a 2 TNS but that's it. It hit me how hard that is to truly TNS some big gripper.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cannon

• bencrush

• Teemu I

• pdfk20

My best so far: RB180 and Silver Crush #2 fairly easily, they're both about the same difficulty, (2.2ish) but totally different feel - the Silver Crush #2 has the extra wide handles, but the 180 is slightly harder at the close.

Have come very close (1/16") with the #2.5, and am in the process of working back up to it repping the lower grippers.

Edited by thearm95

I've no set both my 240N's, #2 and the GM1 cert. My 2.5 is out of reach no-set right now.

Tonight i first did a NS of my RB240N (2.5) and that felt quite easy so i thought i try and get a NS on camera for first time, closed it comfortably felt the handles grind.

BBSM NS close:

I've no set a couple easy #3's, and one average #3. Haven't got a good video yet. For me the close is my weakest area, so I use BTR closes, and overcrushes quite a bit in my training. I never have figured out the "set" so everything I do is no set.

Now this is what I'm talking about! Great posts all! I've never detested dial-up so much in my life. Looks like I'll be watching a few NS vids at work tomorrow. :blush

I forgot to mention my best NS close is probably my filed #2, and I can close that for a couple of NS reps. I've NS closed my HG300, but I'm convinced it's easier than my #2. I think I could give a 2.5 a nice run if I had one. My RB240n is in that range, but I think harder than a 2.5 at the close. Even after just a few weeks of NS work, I can feel my sweep improving my leaps and bounds.

This is great! Keep 'em coming!

For me the close is my weakest area, so I use BTR closes, and overcrushes quite a bit in my training. I never have figured out the "set" so everything I do is no set.

Ditto.

Tonight i first did a NS of my RB240N (2.5) and that felt quite easy so i thought i try and get a NS on camera for first time, closed it comfortably felt the handles grind.

BBSM NS close:

Looked strong, Pete! You didn't need to monkey with the positioning much either. Great close!

BBSM NS close:

Looked strong, Pete! You didn't need to monkey with the positioning much either. Great close!

cheers matt, that gripper has great knurling so didn't need to fiddle around with positioning.

Some impressive closes in this thread. Ben's 3 finger #3 TNS is amazing.

my best TNS (performed with the gripper inverted) + witnesses and video is a no #3:

also i have come close on the RB330N.

also done a vice gripper no set 12,8 position those of you who have used the VG will most likely agree that this is a fair bit harder than the average #3.

WOW! I can TNS my #2 with my right hand...but, that pales in comparison to some of these closes!!! Strong stuff!

I vaguely remember a video of Tommy TNS-ing TWO #3s at the same time (one in each hand of course). SICK!!!

Goody

Goody, thanks for reminding me. Tommy has some sweet stuff.

The Double #3 NS is here, third video.

Also, Tommy does a NS of a BBSE in the "Unchained" video HERE.

I had forgotten about this NS and it's one of the best out there!

Goody, thanks for reminding me. Tommy has some sweet stuff.

The Double #3 NS is here, third video.

Also, Tommy does a NS of a BBSE in the "Unchained" video HERE.

I had forgotten about this NS and it's one of the best out there!

That BBSE is the hardest gripper I have seen NS-closed on video, that is truly great.

Since there are others who posted about something without video, I'll go ahead and tell about my best NS close so far. So I don't have it on video yet, but I have managed to no set my 3,28 (calibrated on the RGC Replica) BB Elite. I've succeeded in that only once so far. I will take an attempt on the video some time and post it on this topic.

Here is my progress vid on the RB240n. Not quite there yet.

By the way, for anyone who has a "narrow" RB gripper, what is the spread?

Here is my progress vid on the RB240n. Not quite there yet.

By the way, for anyone who has a "narrow" RB gripper, what is the spread?

You are not that far off. Looks to me like you have relatively strong sweep compared to the end. Your attempt looks like you would easily close it, then in the end things get more difficult for you.

Good work, keep it up!

Thanks guys!

I love this gripper. It has great knurling. Thanks, Pete. Mine is 2-7/16" which I think is pretty darn comfortable.

Teemu, thanks! My sweep is improving by leaps and bounds because I never trained it :blush If I set this same gripper at all, I can close it pretty easily. The sweep on the NS takes just enough gas that I can't finish. I think even 2 months ago, my NS attempts on this gripper were a good 3/4" off :blink I anticipate closing it soon, then it's on to my BBSM, which is actually a little harder and not narrow.

When Acorn was out, we discovered that my ring and pinkie fingers are pretty weak working as a tandem (trying to close an IMTUG, for example). I believe it would help these NS attempts greatly, and my goal gripper attemtps for that matter, if I would do more work on these two fingers.

Matt, it certainly helps with the NS or with any set to take your time to concentrate on the pinky and ring finger work. Among other things I've done lately is more work on the IMTUG's. I have even done pretty severe negs with pinky and ring finger, using my easiest #3. I have felt that these have helped my progress lately. Just recently I managed to close my IMTUG #7 with those fingers, holding the spring with my other hand. All that has had a very positive impact.

agreed on the pinky and ring fingers every so often after a gripper session i bang out a few reps ring/pinky only with a #2.