• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maximus1

• Alawadhi

• gazza

• DAN PRAYDIS

Well done mate! :rock The reason I asked is do you think a average hand like me (7.5) would have a chance to grab the 6 11s?

YOU SURE CAN MY HAND IS THE SAME SIZE AS YOURS AND FOUR INCHES IS NOT A PROBLEM

And of someone with a more average hand size of 7 3/8?

7 3/8 equals like what... 7.375''? So that's only a tiny bit less than 7.5, I'm sure there wouldn't be a huge difference. I have hands a little bigger than 7.5'' (I also have a fairly short thumb), and I regularly train with 5 inch pinches so I doubt 4 inches would be that wide for you.

Well done mate! :rock The reason I asked is do you think a average hand like me (7.5) would have a chance to grab the 6 11s?

YOU SURE CAN MY HAND IS THE SAME SIZE AS YOURS AND FOUR INCHES IS NOT A PROBLEM

And of someone with a more average hand size of 7 3/8?

sorry max seems like your post is getting hijacked :whacked but all this came from your lift. malachimcmullen with 7 3/8 hands pretty much the same size as ours you will be able to get 5 tens too and maby 6 if you can get some thin ones i can break 6 of my tens off the ground but they expolde befor a full lift and thats wider than 4 inches 6 plates equil 4 3/4 inches wide and they are marked standard brand so keep up the work and you will get it :mosher

:D Could not agree more with what Gary said,i believe regardless of hand size if you put the hard work effort and dedication into the task then you should reap the rewards,yes people have said i made this lift look easy well thats because i put the effort in and made it happen,the main thing was not once in all the times that i failed did i think"well maybe my hands just aint big enough"it didnt even cross my mind i just worked and worked till the plates came up! and i will do the same till i get the 6x11s!

I didn't mean to say you made it look easy because you have a 8 inch hands. I asked about your hand size to know if I can grab the 6 11s with my hand size. Thats all. I know you worked hard to make this look easy. Now to lift the 6 11s :rock

Edited by Alawadhi

You can only work with what you have been given but set no LIMITS with what you have been given?

Gazza

Great words im keeping that one for motivation

Cheers

Mark

When I lifted 6- 10s with two fingers and thumb the total plates were 5 1/4 inches wide. I managed 5- 10s with the thumb and one finger (able to do it with thumb and any single finger except pinky) the 5 tens were 4 5/16" wide. With two fingers and thumb the 5- 10s went with an added extra 16lbs of magnetic add ons as well. My best on a 4 1/2 straight sided block with two fingers and thumb is 79, also on two "new" style York 45lb plates I have a picture taken with my son hanging in the Grip Gauntlet area in our facility with a thumb and two finger pinch as well (90lb). I have tried 7-10 plates on a full hand lift but my fingers just cant span over the edge IF they were the thickness of your 5 kilo plates I think they would go. I am glad to see you working on this challenging,fun lift I did manage to elevate the Blob used at the 2007 Arnolds grip challenge about 8" with two fingers and thumb...I was very pleased with this effort as I never have tried the Blob that way. Good luck! RS

:rock there is not much i can say to that,amazing! that is some unreal pinching,i have seen some of ur pictures and am always inspired by your feats,if i can even come anywhere close to any of them i will be a happy man!thanks :bow:bow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

:D A bit of progress with the 6x11lb plates,as you will notice there is a 4in piece of pipe through the middle of the stack this is a good training aid as it helps keep the plates together and lets your hands get used to the weight,this is prob the highest i have managed to pull them up so far,just thought i would update everyone on my progress!

Btw this feat is way harder than first expected another 11lb is a lot,but i will get there in the end! :laugh

Well done :rock

Great stuff mate i will have to come round and kick your arse into gear then you will get em :D

seriously it will be a nice pinch feat to add to your grip cv.

• 4 months later...
:D After not messing around with anything for many a month thought i would see if i still had something :laugh i guess i have!

Easy BLOB lifting :rock

Like i said mate your looking good nice work without the chalk and soon i want a left handed full deadlift as well.

Like you once said to me mate today the wirral tomorrow the world :D

Nice job Maximus I saw this lift yesterday very nice!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

• 3 months later...

:D

A bit more progress in my quest for 6 x 11lb=66lb plate lift! First time i have lifted it that high and first time with right hand!