Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge Xvi

Martin_Arildsson

That would hurt. I remember when doing the Euro, that people even scraped off the chalk on the v-bar. I never understood that.

That would hurt. I remember when doing the Euro, that people even scraped off the chalk on the v-bar. I never understood that.

I found it strange too. Johan posted a video of him pulling 171-kilos (way ahead of anyone else at the time) which his wide shot for him. Then at the 2005 Euros he used a wirebrush to clean it and pulled way less than any of the top three or four place spots.

Mikeal said that there was some evidence to support a clean dry bar being as good, or nearly, as a chalked one. I've always found it to be the reverse.

I got a good grip on the bar (atleast as good as I can get!), so it wasn't slippery.

how seasoned was the vbar? the swedish comps -it seems to me- have been known for having pretty clean vbars.... which makes me wonder, if having clean and knurled vbars could not be an option. although skin tears would probably be very nasty with this.

This is the V-bar (the original from 2003) we have allways used.

yes, but how clean was it? did you brush it just before the comp? it can make a big difference, as most of us agree.

yes, but how clean was it? did you brush it just before the comp? it can make a big difference, as most of us agree.

No, I didn't brush it before the competition.