Insane Goes Down The Drain

bencrush

Congrats, Ben. That is an outstanding bend and I don't think you will be gone for good from the DO. Either way, I wish you the best.

Mike

I think Ben is using very good judgment in this case - your overall health is more important than any piece of steel. I have to (certainly want to anyway) believe that the changes made to your body by the isometric nature of bending etc are reversible with some lifestyle and training changes over time. One thing I have learned is that your health is all important - especially if you love physical activities the way we all do. Blowing a gasket with a stroke or the long term higher chances of a heart attack, etc is not going to be a good thing. Maybe it's just time for ole Ben to change focus to some more movement oriented workouts for a while until his numbers are better. Changing focus now and then is something I have found keeps me mentally and physically fresh, slows down the incidence of new injuries, and gives old injuries a chance to heal. Being the volume slut that Ben is ( :whistel ) is what gave him his exceptional progress but at a price it seems - I think reversing it will just take some time and changes in his training is all.

I am a retarded strength nut, but when it comes to longevity I defer to Chris.