3/8 X 7" Steel Works Crs (590 Lbs.) Video

EricMilfeld

Back when bending was fun...We had a Guy come to work with us.

He was into most things, biking ,climbing, weight training, anyway we were talking

one day and i mentioned bending nails.

And He said "How, like this" and instinctively drew His hands up in the now famous

overhand method!

I asked Him why He assumed i bent this way ,and He simply replied "Leverage"

A couple of months later Gavin Holle appeared bending the RED in the exact same

manner and the rest is history.

I've always found it funny that a Guy who had never seen anyone bend anything in His life

instictively knew the best way to go about it!

John Brookfield braced his red bend? I never knew that and didn't think it was allowed. Geez with those popeye arms of his I'd think he's have no trouble bending a red pretty much any way he wanted to.

You know I think the DO method is a natural reaction to some too. First bolt I bent I think I braced it over my leg since I knew nothing of rules and such.

Amazing how far this has come. I hope it maintains some of the original fun though. Like the World's strongest man contest. When it first came out nobody trained specifically for it and it had a huge mix of bodybuilders powerlifters, shot putters and whatever. In a way it was more fun than when it became it's own profession. Now instead of lifting the heaviest log they see how many times they can lift it. And what happened to my beloved bar bend competition.

Tim

That is one big piece of steel to bend.

Is this the first calibrated 3/8 piece ever bent?

It might be the first piece bent that was cut from a calibrated length of steel. Atleast officially, perhaps.

Glad you calibrated the Steel Works CRS & HRS so we'd know about where it's at. I went out a few minutes ago and bought 10 lengths of it from the hardware store. Cut a piece to 7" and I'll see what that brings. Of course I know it's not rated the same as the one you calibrated since it's not from the same stock, but it's still cool to know a ballpark figure. Thanks again for all the work you do, Eric! :rock

Eric

Nice work on the 1st calbrated 3/8"crs bar and great work as always on the calibrating in general it is much appreciated i know its a hard and timely job and i do appreciate all the hard work you put into that and the benders charts Thankyou :D

Eric

Nice work on the 1st calbrated 3/8"crs bar and great work as always on the calibrating in general it is much appreciated i know its a hard and timely job and i do appreciate all the hard work you put into that and the benders charts Thankyou :D

You're very welcome, Gazza! But it's hard to think of as work when I enjoy it so much.