World Class Or Elite Bending

gazza

I never come in here normally. I let the mods who know bending moderate here. I saw some whining going on due to all the posts in this thread and decided I better check in to see what's going on. John made a statement I happened to agree with. That's it. :rolleyes

I don't watch ANY bending videos. Not my gig.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gazza

• Scott Styles

• bencrush

• John Beatty

I can personally fully understand if Pat does not wish his bends to be shown on this board. His style is being ridiculed by some of you. In fact it is being ridiculed by people who themselves repeatedly complain of pain during some of their recorded bends.

If think you would earn more respect Gazza if you dropped the "new sheriff in town" etc. in your videos. It is disrespectful.

In some of his videos he implies that he is now the new king in bending.

I can personally fully understand if Pat does not wish his bends to be shown on this board. His style is being ridiculed by some of you. In fact it is being ridiculed by people who themselves repeatedly complain of pain during some of their recorded bends.

If think you would earn more respect Gazza if you dropped the "new sheriff in town" etc. in your videos. It is disrespectful.

What does being a Sherif have to do with bending? Did Gazza change professions?

I know. I was just adding some levity. :upsidedwn

He just may be... :whistel

Man I'd love to be able to bend like either Gary or Gazza. Or Ben or Eric or John etc for that matter. I think John has the cert process right where it needs to be and I don't think every batch should have to be cal'd.

I think Eric calibrates alot of this stuff out of curiosity and interest which is why I send alot of the stuff to him myself. I have G8 bolts that cal'd from 445 (expensive American brand, go figure) to 495 so that just helps me know which one to try first and besides that I have an interest in that sort of thing. To me it's very interesting to see the differences in the metal and I don't think one G8 bend should be ranked about another though even though a person may mention it in a post.

I think testing the different brands of store bought steel was a good idea as I've been saying for a long time that there are huge differences in real cold-rolled and the store-bought stuff; same with hot rolled although it's just the opposite. Makes a good stepping stone. However though I think a bastard bar is a bastard bar and a red is a red. Okay to mention that you bent one of the newer tougher reds but I dont think it should change the lists or you'd never stop splitting hairs. Heck there's probably been bastard bars that hit 500 or better if you'd cal every single one.

Great job John and glad you'd got such a huge variety of lists for people to cert on. If I wasn't in the dark ages digitally I'd gladly take advantage of your G5 and G8 lists already.

Man I can't believe someone would be ridiculing Pat's style. I can't see what would be wrong with it although I can't figure out the angle. I watch that 3/8 bend all the time and all I can think is man that must be great! Same with Gazza's stainless bend although I can't see it as well with my dial up.

When Eric calibrates Gazza's stainless bar then I'm sure that will put some of this to rest. Personally I'm curious what stainless that big calibrates at.

Tim

Like all the other threads we have like this one in the past my head hurts from reading it. Bend ,have fun ,show us ,and if people give you crap than oh well you know what you did and if it's legit than you have nothing to defend pretty cut and dry to me it's supposed to be cool and fun this thread is'nt.

Like all the other threads we have like this one in the past my head hurts from reading it. Bend ,have fun ,show us ,and if people give you crap than oh well you know what you did and if it's legit than you have nothing to defend pretty cut and dry to me it's supposed to be cool and fun this thread is'nt.

Well said! :mosher

I agree. I bend strictly for the fun of it and intend to keep doing so. If I never get good enough to cert then oh well I still had a blast and got to show off.

Tim

Mikael

Which of Pat's styles are you refering to?

The bending or the folding :whistel

If it's folding..did you not spend hours of your time disparaging this technique?

Can we take it from this turn around that you've been allowed into

the inner sanctum with the funny hand shake and the trouser leg rolled up to the knee :tongue

Pat's worked hard to get where he is, but by setting Himself up as quote "The Worlds

Greatest Steel Bending Strongman" He now has to be prepared for others chasing the title.

We should all follow the Holles philosophy of just getting on with it!

After all who's to say what those Guys are now bending?

Mikael

Which of Pat's styles are you refering to?

The bending or the folding :whistel

If it's folding..did you not spend hours of your time disparaging this technique?

Can we take it from this turn around that you've been allowed into

the inner sanctum with the funny hand shake and the trouser leg rolled up to the knee :tongue

Pat's worked hard to get where he is, but by setting Himself up as quote "The Worlds

Greatest Steel Bending Strongman" He now has to be prepared for others chasing the title.

We should all follow the Holles philosophy of just getting on with it!

After all who's to say what those Guys are now bending?

Watch his videos, and you'll see how he's bending, and not folding. He twists his wrists to the extremee.

Its amazing how 2 mods and a sponsor can all respond to a post within 20mins of one another yet none of the above can offer a single word of encouragement or congratulations on my resent bends :D i dont mean anything by this just an observation ive made :D

Since you are making reference to me as a mod I can tell you I haven't even watched your videos. Your posts are full of bitching, just an observation I made. I love encouragment, giving and recieving but the daily posts of pot stirring associated with bending is rediculous. This is as bad as everyone having to pick sides when everything was going on with the Wood's and the rest of the world. You want everyone on your side and against Pat and vise versa. At one time you were all up at arms to travel across the world to show your strength and now you are bitching about driving 2hrs to show it off?

Have you tried to cert on FBBC stock??

Heath

My offer still stands i am prepared to meet a certain person in a Bend off :D You can be the referee if you like :D

Mikael

Welcome aboard bro i wundered how long it would take for you to arrive :D The sheriff statement was originally Pats So do you research properly the actual statement made at the time was there is a new sheriff and deputy in town so i just thought i would use that as its a good phrase when it was made along time ago here on this board it was quite as you put it disrespectfull to me and others so i return the compliment.

Lets get one thing straight i dont need to earn your respect over bending i have forgotten more about bending than you will ever know.

People were asking for the videos of certain bends to be shown long before these arguments were raised thats now part of it if you want to critisise and attack people via the pm and email system of this board like i was then expect some back in return and if you want to and get your friends to also critisise my bending style by referring to me and others as clowns and folders thats fine as its freedom of speech but do expect a little back in return :D

The reference at the end of one of my videos was a quite made by the late great Jon Paul Sigmarson when he took the crown from Geoff Capes i think a certain king has lost his crown and it was not me who started all this king this and king that i aint the one who has been put on a pedastal and then there videos not shown.

If certain clicks keep on disrespecting me and mine and keep trying to push me into a corner then i will come out with both guns blazing.

DISRESPECT mikael what have you ever done for the bending community all you have ever done is call us DO benders Folders you harped on about materials now you use the same.

Pat uses DO style just like me Gavin,Greg,Eric,etc etc does he use other material other than leather/suede no so i think your argument over DO and material used is not valid anymore.

Talk about styles being ridiculled where it not you and a certain click who ridiculled Gavin Holle when he brought DO to the masses then Pat adapted this style like alot of us but because a certain person was not 1st that did not fit well with the Inner Circle so like others in the past who have opposed the mighty Inner Circle like John Black,Big Steve,Gavin Holle,Shrug,Eric Milfeld,Greg Amidon, Bob L,Me etc how dare we have a vioce how dare we try and beat the greats records who do we mere mortals think we are we are not worthy.

I thought that RECORDS were meant to be broken that means you have to go after them :D

Great.

Glad you find it all crap i thought this forum was a place were we could discuss bending shure its about issues but bending issues none the less :D is it not better aired and then sorted :D

I find the bitching & implication that others aren't doing what they say crap. I find the persecution complex crap. Nothing else. I just hate the complaining. I question nobody's bends, because I'd like to believe everyone's honest until proven otherwise. The cert vids I've turned down in the past have been due to vid quality, mainly.

Its amazing how 2 mods and a sponsor can all respond to a post within 20mins of one another yet none of the above can offer a single word of encouragement or congratulations on my resent bends :D i dont mean anything by this just an observation ive made :D

Great job on the bends. Strangely, finishing STRONG! issue 4 & getting caught up on FBBC orders that got backed up over the holidays (my welder got his hand caught in a lathe at work & was unable to make my stuff) & in Jan (the busiest month ever for FBBC) has taken precedence over me watching every vid & reading every post on this board. A LOT of people could tell you I didn't have a chance to update certs for about 2 months. I didn't watch cert vids, much less every random vid here. I've watched a lot of your vids. You've certed with my stuff & I watched those & offered my congrats on those bends. I don't respond to most of the non FBBC bends, because I don't have that much free time.

John dont change the certs on my behalf as i am already sean as the bad guy and this will only make people hate me even more :D Oh well i suppose i can live with that

I'm not changing the certs. I don't have time & it would only cause more hand wringing & wailing. FYI - Pat's KOAB will be the most scrutinized bend ever. He followed the would be "new rules" opening the package on vid, wrapping on vid, etc. He sent the bar & wraps & an unbent bar back to me for inspection (mainly because I really wanted to see it). I'm going to send the extra bar from the same package to Eric for a calibration.

Your company,your cert process you have viewed the above videos i though as you put in your words above we are meant to share bends etc with like minded people here on this forum but to me its surrounded in mystery why all the smoke and mirrors over these bends there are no excuses enough people on this and other forums have asked to see these videos in there entirety so i will ask when are we going to see them :D

As I have posted, A) I don't have the technical know how to put up vid. No one's ever seen a vid of me, because I don't know how & don't have time to fiddle with it anyway. B) Why should I have to post Pat's vid, or anyone else's. I never have in the past. I get the vid, I check the vid, I pass or fail the vid, I post the cert (eventually). You don't want me to change the process, but you'd like me to change this part. Again- I'm all for sharing the accomplishments, I love seeing people take strength to the extreme, I always have since I saw Alexeyev in the Oly games when I was little kid. Strength is the coolest thing in the world to me. I do not like all the negativity & griping.

I and others have no problems showing are videos in all there glory for this forum to scrutinise like i am being now so lets have equal standards for everyone no exceptions :D

You and others are welcome to post the vids anywhere you like. My standards consist of seeing the vid, or receiving the witnessed bend & paperwork, or getting comp results. My standards have always been equal with no exceptions. Maybe they're a little looser than IM, but that was the plan from the start.

My offer still stands. Send $10, I'll send you individually wrapped 3/8 stainless, and some Insane Stainless. Direct from me. Bend it on vid. Send the vid to me. I'll individually wrap so there can be no question from anyone.

Edited by John Beatty

Gaz, take the offer, bend the steel, post the vid, and call it a day :cool

Gazza, John Beatty gave you the best deal ever. And it's only 10$. Plus the steel is wrapped! Bend the steel and prove to the doubter who you really are. I bought some stuff from him and I know I will buy again because of his kind and BEST service. FBBC rocks :rock

Gazza-

Just take the steel and do it! That will say alot more than this thread ever will.

THis is still going? :whacked:trout:help

Apparently. . . . :whacked

Gazza,

PLEASE take the steel and bend it. There's nothing like reading apologies from skeptics :rolleyes

Dave

what a topic: Heath, Bill, Mikael, John, Bob & co all with 2 cents AND IN THE BENDING FORUM - WOW !!! :yikes

Gary, let's remember that a lot of the stronger guys were met with skepticism when they first joined this board. But all it took to lay all doubt to rest was one verifiable performance. Dont' get me wrong. You have gone through the certification process with FBBC and the "lists" on this board abiding by the same rules as the rest of us, and therefore, you have a very valid point about having no "need" to further prove yourself. But I firmly believe that if you were to take Mr. Beatty up on his offer that all further criticism would cease. Usually a contest, or meet up with a well known, respectable grip figure in which you show your stuff puts an end to any further questioning of your abilities. Since these opportunities may not be as readily available for you, let's do the next best thing. I realise you're currently injured. I also realise that a two hour drive can be a genuine hardship for some people, and yes, we all have bad bending days. But if you were to agree to open the box containing a calibrated King of All Bastards on tape for a witness, when you were good and ready, whether it be next week or two months from now, you would only stand to gain. I'm behind you 100%, and I know the vast majority of the board is. Let's do it! :rock

Go for it GAZZA!!! :rock

Here Here! Come on Gary, be the first to bend the King of all Shinys. Can't beat that price either.

Just don't injure yourself or aggrevate an old injury before it's healed.

BTW, that was something in that video of your 3/8 stainless where you appear to get injured but yet still finish the bend. Awesome stuff.

Go get it!

Tim