Great Pinching

Bill Piche

There, I changed the title for those trying to incite arguments and bickering. :cry:help

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikael Siversson

• Bill Piche

• maidenfan

• stew2

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe we have several guys on this forum that are pretty amazing IMO.Personally I have always been amazed at that video because it was the first time I really saw all those things done. Ever since seeing that I've wanted to do this "crazy grip stuff " as some of the lifter around my home town call it. I'm getting closer than I was 2 yrs ago but still along way before I'm anywhere near several of the guys that have been mentioned but I'm still working on that ;) . So glad you posted it for the new guys and awesome stuff :bow:bow Wade in case some of you guys don't know thats what I call strong I guess you can draw your own conclusions.

Wade is super strong David is super strong. I have this video saved onboth my computers and watch it all the time. It's amazing

Bill, you'd better ask permission next time, a poll would be nice, perhaps?

Wade is super strong David is super strong. I have this video saved onboth my computers and watch it all the time. It's amazing

Yes! I'm always watching the video between my pinch attemps! Wade is one of the strongest in the gripworld.

Too bad that there's no comparable pinch or grip sampler of David Horne - would be very cool to watch too! :rock

I don't think someone has to compete in a grip contest to consider their feats as best of all time pinch wise. Let's see someone do 6 10's, 3 35's, combo pinches, the Inch, and pass 45's like this. I don't care about hand size either. Let's see it.

Totally agree :rock

Wade is an awesome strongman, with super grip strength. His work with thicker discs and 45lb discs are super top notch and far better than me. Maybe one day we can get a big comp together with the best guys before I'm too old :erm .

Also there are a few guys coming through with immense pinch power and also great in the other areas. The level is growing all the time.

David

To those who claim they can do what Wade has done on his video, I challenge them to put together a video like Wade's to back it up. I am confident that nobody will or even could take me up on this.

I'm very confident no one claimed they could or that anyone else said they could on their behalf - your wedge is safe!

I'm very confident no one claimed they could or that anyone else said they could on their behalf - your wedge is safe!

I think you will find that one poster stated that he had done all of Wade's feats except one. If Wade is not the best let's see a video of his feats being equalled or bettered. This thread is not about grip competitions or what people have claimed to have done in training.

I think you will find that one poster stated that he had done all of Wade's feats except one. If Wade is not the best let's see a video of his feats being equalled or bettered. This thread is not about grip competitions or what people have claimed to have done in training.

I will see if I can get Arne to talk Dickey Oskarsson into giving it a go. He has large hands and is very strong in the pinch (besides easily dominating the inch). He has pinched two 25k plates.

Wade may very well be the best when the events are geared towards large hands, I don't think anyone has questioned that. This whole thread does however give an almost desperate impression, borne out of frustration over an inability of the American gripsters to match the best Europeans on the Euro pinch set up. :inno

This video cemented the passion for grip training in my mind. It's right up there with Kinney's 4 close for giving me goosebumps and making me want to train.

I actualy didn't hear anything about a euro pinch setup till you brought it up. I'm not going to argue that Americans are better than Europeans on the Euro setup that would be kinda of silly wouldn't it. I do believe we have a few that are very strong at it whether they're better than David I can't say because so far they haven't shown it in a comp but no one was really talking about that till now. So if it makes things all warm and fuzzy I'm an American speaking for my self and noone else and you are all better on the Euro pinch than me.

Wade may very well be the best when the events are geared towards large hands, I don't think anyone has questioned that. This whole thread does however give an almost desperate impression, borne out of frustration over an inability of the American gripsters to match the best Europeans on the Euro pinch set up. :inno

Ok, I'll bite :D I think if the Euro pinch device was readily available you would have more competition. Maybe it is, dunno. In fact, if you guys have a source, I'd like to get one for myself (an LGC vertical bar would be cool too).

Edited by maidenfan

Wade may very well be the best when the events are geared towards large hands, I don't think anyone has questioned that.

45 pound plates are by no means a feat geared specifically toward large hands. And, his prowess on them would seem indicative of a high two hand pinch, if Wade trains this lift, or trains thin pinch regularly. Also, this is an old video. I'm assuming Wade is stronger now than he was then.

This whole thread does however give an almost desperate impression, borne out of frustration over an inability of the American gripsters to match the best Europeans on the Euro pinch set up. :inno

I'm beginning to think you and the euro pinch device sleep in the same bed :whistel

You have to respect Mikael for at least one thing I guess he sticks to his guns and doesn't waiver .

You have to respect Mikael for at least one thing I guess he sticks to his guns and doesn't waiver .

A blessing and a bane.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

This video cemented the passion for grip training in my mind. It's right up there with Kinney's 4 close for giving me goosebumps and making me want to train.

It's the same for me, Doc. Wade is an inspiration!

This was actually the first video that I ever watched on the Gripboard and it was very inspiring. Since watching it I have always done plate pinch passes around my body to end my pinch training, but I usually just use 25's. :rolleyes

Great video, every new guy to the board should watch it.