Ironmind News - Rolling Thunder

Hubgeezer

Although having two hands sizes and calling the GGC a "world championship" is not favorable to some notable grip guys, it's not the notable athletes in any sport that organize the contests. I don't remember Mariuz Pudzianowski putting together the Metrx Worlds Strongest Man.....I don't think top Oly athletes set up the olympics, etc, etc, etc.

Mikael, just because something doesn't have your approval or David hornes or whoever's, doesn't mean that some big sponsor can't come in, lay down some cash and call a contest a world championship.

Mikael, just because something doesn't have your approval or David hornes or whoever's, doesn't mean that some big sponsor can't come in, lay down some cash and call a contest a world championship.

Certainly, they can call it whatever they want.

Certainly, they can call it whatever they want.

right....and the winner of said contest would be called "the world champion".

I think the grip game is organized enough on some level that a reasonable consensus among the top guys- Jedd, David, Mikael, etc. can come to a reasonable decision on what would constitute a world championship.

A world championship could happen someday. When there is a will, there is a way. It would take time, money, and effort. On the international level, no true world championship would be realized without the support of Mikael and David Horne.

As far as notice, I would definitely need six months to a year to arrange an international trip- Both to gather finances and to secure vacation time, and depending on the season, to avoid making other plans.

Of course, if a sponsor layed down a decent amount of money, a bunch of studs from other strength sports came in and smacked the hell out of the record books using at least a good approximation of the Euro rules, that would change the game alot. Whether that is possible or if it will happen is another question altogether.

I will be taking a shot at the RT WR at the GGC. Not 300#'s...no way :whacked (just a shot at the current WR). I have been training very hard...so we shall see what happens. Not sure where the 300 came from though...not me.

Later,

Chad Woodall

I will be taking a shot at the RT WR at the GGC. Not 300#'s...no way :whacked (just a shot at the current WR). I have been training very hard...so we shall see what happens. Not sure where the 300 came from though...not me.

Later,

Chad Woodall

Thank you Chad. Okay, I suspect that Steve and Chad are the two of whom Randy was speaking.

My question was answered, thank you very much.

Now, someone please close this thread.

Hubgeezer

chad--- that's great that you're taking a shot at the record... anything even close to the record on a new handle is awesome!

IM News has the prize back up to $300.....and "bragging rights"....boy!that will bring out the big dogs and the genetic freaks won't it? :whacked

Err...thats a $300 gift certificate....actual value? -considering equipment profit margin?

IMHO.He doesn't really want 300 broke. :tongue or he'd put up some real money.

Didn't Super Dave get $650 for closing the 6?

It was an actual $700.00 he received.

OK.My bad....and Dave EARNED that $700! :cool A just reward.....but I think Strossen should up the prize IF he ACTUALLY want someone to "go after"the 300#.THAT poundage has been thrown "out there"as a challenge for years...almost as a taunt "can any man lift 300".

$1 dollar a pound for a feat of that magnitude? :ohmy Thats just silly to think a grown man will train(seriously) for 300lbs .....for a gift certificate.."and bragging rights" :rolleyes IMHO.

It's his company and before someone points it out but Yeah i know he can do whatEVER he wants....THAT we well know.