Fbbc Vbar Certs Updates

John Beatty

Awsome job Dave! I know you'll hit that 400 mark you've got it in you. Now if I could just break that 300 barrier I'd be happy stuck though.

Eventually, I would like to send an FBBC bar to Europe for comparison. with the hope that FBBC bars would be an acceptable competition implement.

And to clarify, FBBC or LGC bars are okay for the american record.

I have 3, really 5 v-bars - a copy of an LGC v-bar I had turned down on a lathe at the machine shop to 25mm out of a 1" CRR. I also have a 1" CRR (cold roll round) and 3/4" pipe v-bar (OD is 1.05"). I lift the same on all three after they seasoned up well. It's hard to tell the difference really. We used my LGC copy at the GGC for warm ups - those few people I asked about it said it felt like the competition V-bar from Europe. Like you, I hope we can eventually come up with an acceptable v-bar and Pinch setup made from inch standard steel simply due to cost considerations. At the least, I think a bar turned down on a lathe to 25mm should be acceptable. It will no doubt take time and side by side comparisons to work out the possible differences but it would be worth the effort.

I have 3, really 5 v-bars - a copy of an LGC v-bar I had turned down on a lathe at the machine shop to 25mm out of a 1" CRR. I also have a 1" CRR (cold roll round) and 3/4" pipe v-bar (OD is 1.05"). I lift the same on all three after they seasoned up well. It's hard to tell the difference really. We used my LGC copy at the GGC for warm ups - those few people I asked about it said it felt like the competition V-bar from Europe. Like you, I hope we can eventually come up with an acceptable v-bar and Pinch setup made from inch standard steel simply due to cost considerations. At the least, I think a bar turned down on a lathe to 25mm should be acceptable. It will no doubt take time and side by side comparisons to work out the possible differences but it would be worth the effort.

I will test a new, unmodified FFBC v-bar against a new LGC v-bar replica (as well as against my seasoned one) after the Oz Grip Championship in February. It will take a couple of months. This is not something what can be done in a hurry.

Thanks Mikael - I believe coming from you such a test might speed up the process considerably of finding what differences might exist between the two and if we may in the future use them somewhat interchangably.

Is none. You just have to lift it at least 2 inches and set it down in control

Wow, that's some serious strength.

:bow

:blink Only in my wildest, great job man.

-Sean