Im Hip Squat Belt

watzd411

Hopefully this link will open with the picture. This is how I do the belt squats, yesterday I actually turned the boxes around so that my toes were elevated instead of my heels and it made a HUGE difference. Still no discomfort but a great increase in intensity.

Picture is in my gallery

Edited by tomricci

Hello Gripsters,

Once again I am on the hunt for the  next toy. Yes thats right, its toy time ;)))

Have any of you had experience with the IM Hip Squat Belt? I do front, back and zercher squats and love them with all my heart, so the possibility of doing another form of squat is really appealing to me. To be honest that is why I am getting into stone lifting, the opportunity to engage in another type of squatting. Anyways back to the IM hip squat belt.......

Any feedback would be great

Rydini Of The Shire

I have had my hip belt squat for about a year and a half or so. I think that it is a quality product. Unlike a regualar dip chain that hooks over a belt which puts a lot of strain on your back, this belt puts the weights on your hips. A little background on me is that I used to have chicken legs and a weak back so I decided to try this device. I started out hip belt squatting for reps with 60 pounds and over a year

's time I was able to squat around 200 for sets using my power rack for stability. I decided to start doing regular squats and I was shocked. It seems that doing good mornings and stiff legged deads were not making my hamstrings strong because my hamstrings were struggling with 100 pounds on the bar. Needless to say I stopped doing hip belt squats and decided to incorporate regular deadlifts to build my core along with back squats. My poundage is going up in the squat rather quickly but my hamstrings are feeling all the weight not my quads. My quads probably are not even getting worked yet because I feel no soreness over the past month or so.

In my opinion, I think that hip belt squats are great for people that have back or knee pain because this thing focuses all the weight on your hips. So with 200 pounds I have no problem squatting all the way down for sets. The article states this should be about 400 pounds on the back. I think my quads can take that type of weight but not my hamstrings or back. In terms of being equal to squats, they are not because these type of squats work the teardrop muscle of the quad the most, and do not place enough emphasize on the hamstrings even if you do stiff leg deads or good mornings.