Left Side's Training

Left Side

Ah, now that I think about it, those are pretty low rep. I'll give sets of 6 a go, and see what happens.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left Side

• Muscle Turtle

• Number Ten Ox

• unseenbeat

Wanna hear something funny?

I was sitting here reading your post and I decided to pick up a gripper. Im not exactly sober here but whatever works eh. So I pick up my T from the pail beside my bed and give er a squze. I pick up GM with left and just miss it by a penny which is a PR, and I close it for a single with my right. I pick up my #3 a copule minutes later and I close it... uh oh. .. So I get up and put on some tunes and go out in the hall and chalk my hands up and WAM. Close it hard and hold it for almost 10 seconds....

its on..

I was sitting here reading your post and I decided to pick up a gripper. Im not exactly sober here but whatever works eh. So I pick up my T from the pail beside my bed and give er a squze. I pick up GM with left and just miss it by a penny which is a PR, and I close it for a single with my right. I pick up my #3 a copule minutes later and I close it... uh oh. .. So I get up and put on some tunes and go out in the hall and chalk my hands up and WAM. Close it hard and hold it for almost 10 seconds....

its on..

Great job on the #3! :rock

its on..

To HELL with your drunk ass! :angry:

Malcolm seriously I'm glad to hear you take that thing down. I was worried for a while that you would give up and you'd never close it.

It's on now indeed. Looking forward to the challenge.

its on..

Great job on the #3! :rock

I second that! My grippers are supposed to come in today, so we'll see how I do. How long have you been training with the grippers?

Edited by LiftingKid

I've got a grip workout to do tonight, so I'll have something to think about for sure.

Edited by Left Side

Grip:

Singles

- #1 x 1

- #2 x 1 (No Set, both hands)

- SM x 1

- GM x 1

- #3 x 1 (3mm)

Strapholds

- GM x 1 (5lb)

- GM x 2 (10lb)

- GM x 1 (12.5lb)

- GM x 1 (15lb)

*Strapholds left handed done with #2*

Man, that's about as close as you can come on the #3 without actually closing it, isn't it?

Grip:

Singles

- #1 x 1

- SM x 1

- GM x 1

- #3 x 1 (3mm)

Strapholds

- GM x 1 (5lb)

- GM x 2 (10lb)

- GM x 1 (12.5lb)

- GM x 1 (15lb)

You are so close to closing that #3! I think that if you really put your mind into it and get some adrenaline flowing than that last 3mm is yours.

I think so to, but I have been unable to get angry lately (it's what makes me strong). There's no intensity, I just feel, deflated.

It's the injuries, getting to me.

Thanks for the kind words Kid.

I think so to, but I have been unable to get angry lately (it's what makes me strong). There's no intensity, I just feel, deflated.

It's the injuries, getting to me.

Thanks for the kind words Kid.

Believe it or not, that is exactly how I felt trying to bend TT's today. I couldn't get focused and the cut on my thumb pad redirected my anger into pure frusteration. I suppose that everyone will have times which test them in ways never imagined.

Grip:

Singles

- #1 x 1

- SM x 1

- GM x 1

- #3 x 1 (3mm)

Strapholds

- GM x 1 (5lb)

- GM x 2 (10lb)

- GM x 1 (12.5lb)

- GM x 1 (15lb)

Nice work, Jonathan. That's bad @$$ man. :mosher

haha.. Ron called you Jonathon, like your mommy!! lmfao.... Sorry, Im immature...

anyways... Medwig, if youd stop being a moron and pull your head outta ur ass and put it back on your shoulders you will stop having bad trianing days...

Either, you are physically and mentally drained like myself and need to stat sleeping more, or you need to smarten up... Dont blame it on injuries, injuries are the best things that have ever happened to me. If it wasnt for injuries, I wouldnt have the technique I do on my lifts that I do now.

Get some more sleep. Learn to start lifting without the music, then once you start listening to the music during heavy and important sets, everything will go much better.

Ron called you Jonathon
But he spelled it right. :inno
Get some more sleep. Learn to start lifting without the music, then once you start listening to the music during heavy and important sets, everything will go much better.

At our gym we listen to Kelly Clarkson and Sky. It sucks being part of the minority. :mellow

Thanks for the encouragement Ronnie and the advice Malcolm, always appreciated.

Edited by Left Side

Grip:

Singles

- #1 x 1

- SM x 1

- GM x 1

- #3 x 1 (3mm)

Strapholds

- GM x 1 (5lb)

- GM x 2 (10lb)

- GM x 1 (12.5lb)

- GM x 1 (15lb)

Awesome job! You'll get that #3 in no time. You aren't that far away. Keep it up and it will fall.

pc

Good god! Johnathan your doing strapholds up to 15lb's on a GM! That is crazy man, just crazy.Keep it up.

And back in August I was overjoyed to be doing strapholds on the #2, hard training brings steady progress.

Grip:

Singles:

- #1 x 1

- #2 x 1

- RB210 x 1 (both hands)

- GM x 1

- #3 x 1 (10mm)

Choker Closes:

- Elite x 1 (10mm)

- Elite x 1 (12mm to 2mm)

- #3 x 1 (24mm to 1mm)

Not a good day at all, even the Grand Master gave me trouble. I was exhausted though from hiking today, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Not a good day at all, even the Grand Master gave me trouble. I was exhausted though from hiking today, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Join the club :( . I did grip work yesterday and I thought it would be fun to armwrestle some guys at school. I had absolutely nothing going for me!!! My wrists were shot as were my forarms. Lesson learned.

Grip:

Singles:

- #1 x 1

- #2 x 1

- RB210 x 1 (both hands)

- GM x 1

- #3 x 1 (10mm)

Choker Closes:

- Elite x 1 (10mm)

- Elite x 1 (12mm to 2mm)

- #3 x 1 (24mm to 1mm)

good workout, crush looking good there :D