• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• Bill Piche

• tmmicklabs

• pdoire

Ben...get psyched and blast that thing!!!!

Yeah Ben, great going, didn't expect anything less from you!! This is a great year for you!! :rock

Congratulations, Ben! :bow

Congrats Ben!

Having observed your latest progress carefully I was sure that you'd own that gripper easily. :bow

Many thanks guys! :rock As usual a lot of people deserve my thanks for encouragement, inspiration, and sometimes just for telling me they thought I couldn't do it (yes there were a few of those). :D

It is a hard gripper and wasn't necessarily OWNED, but it was closed with conviction and held for a few seconds to make sure we got the feat on tape with the handles clearly visible.

I know it's not "official" yet...but there shouldn't be much to judge.

Thanks Travis for letting me and Carrie come over and take over your house and hopefully entertain for a little while. :blush

I also tried a TNS close of the MM1...did not get it. But according to Tmmicklabs I was about 1/16" away. And just like someone else told me, it was very easy to set the MM1, just not easy to close it!

All in all it was a good gripper day for me. I also closed a 2005 #3 (@ 3" spread) that I haven't been able to get any closer than 3/8" probably. Last time I tried was April. I honestly can't imagine finding a #3 harder than this one. It was on par with the MM1. And maybe HARDER at the close. :ohmy

TNS closed 2 different #3s today. A few singles (TNS) with my left hand also. Closed my Elite and RB260 for good measure.

What I DID learn is that most of all I should have warmed up properly. The hardest gripper I closed before closing the MM1 was a MASTER! On reflection that was kind of stupid. :trout I'm probably lucky I had enough strength to close it without first hitting a few #3s to warmup properly...live and learn.

On to the MM2!

I almost forgot to mention that I also pulled a 181 RT a few minutes after my MM1 close. That's a 10 pound PR on that handle (my old one) for me! :mosher Again, no warmup proved to be not the smartest idea. Couldn't replicate the lift again but did get it to full lockout once with a few witnesses.

Good times... :whistel

Many thanks guys! :rock  As usual a lot of people deserve my thanks for encouragement, inspiration, and sometimes just for telling me they thought I couldn't do it (yes there were a few of those). :D 

It is a hard gripper and wasn't necessarily OWNED, but it was closed with conviction and held for a few seconds to make sure we got the feat on tape with the handles clearly visible. 

Thanks Travis for letting me and Carrie come over and take over your house and hopefully entertain for a little while. :blush

I also tried a TNS close of the MM1...did not get it.  But according to Tmmicklabs I was about 1/16" away.  And just like someone else told me, it was very easy to set the MM1, just not easy to close it!

All in all it was a good gripper day for me.  I also closed a 2005 #3 (@ 3" spread) that I haven't been able to get any closer than 3/8" probably.  Last time I tried was April.  I honestly can't imagine finding a #3 harder than this one.  It was on par with the MM1.  And maybe HARDER at the close. :ohmy

TNS closed 2 different #3s today.  A few singles (TNS) with my left hand also.  Closed my Elite and RB260 for good measure. 

What I DID learn is that most of all I should have warmed up properly.  The hardest gripper I closed before closing the MM1 was a MASTER!  On reflection that was kind of stupid. :trout  I'm probably lucky I had enough strength to close it without first hitting a few #3s to warmup properly...live and learn. 

On to the MM2!

I almost forgot to mention that I also pulled a 181 RT a few minutes after my MM1 close.  That's a 10 pound PR on that handle (my old one) for me! :mosher  Again, no warmup proved to be not the smartest idea.  Couldn't replicate the lift again but did get it to full lockout once with a few witnesses. 

I witnessed Ben destroy and humiliate 5 different # 3's today and an Elite and RB260. All this after closing the MM1. Ben may not be human.

Thank your witness or whoever told you to MOVE it closer at the last second. :)

I could not have taken a still shot of the handles showing they were together otherwise per the rules and it would have been no good.

Guys, I would also suggest people start taking ALL 3 attempts too on camera.

Everyone who is certing, get that darn gripper up and close to the camera!

Congrats Ben! :mosher

That was me that told him to move it in.

Thanks to Wanna and Congrats to Ben.

Nice job as the witness on this. It was critical.

Nice job as the witness on this. It was critical.

Thanks again Bill.

Great job Ben...I knew you could do it...

Many thanks guys! :rock  As usual a lot of people deserve my thanks for encouragement, inspiration, and sometimes just for telling me they thought I couldn't do it (yes there were a few of those). :D 

I also tried a TNS close of the MM1...did not get it.  But according to Tmmicklabs I was about 1/16" away.  And just like someone else told me, it was very easy to set the MM1, just not easy to close it!

All in all it was a good gripper day for me.  I also closed a 2005 #3 (@ 3" spread) that I haven't been able to get any closer than 3/8" probably.  Last time I tried was April.  I honestly can't imagine finding a #3 harder than this one.  It was on par with the MM1.  And maybe HARDER at the close. :ohmy

TNS closed 2 different #3s today.  A few singles (TNS) with my left hand also.  Closed my Elite and RB260 for good measure. 

What I DID learn is that most of all I should have warmed up properly.  The hardest gripper I closed before closing the MM1 was a MASTER!  On reflection that was kind of stupid. :trout  I'm probably lucky I had enough strength to close it without first hitting a few #3s to warmup properly...live and learn. 

On to the MM2!

I almost forgot to mention that I also pulled a 181 RT a few minutes after my MM1 close.  That's a 10 pound PR on that handle (my old one) for me! :mosher  Again, no warmup proved to be not the smartest idea.  Couldn't replicate the lift again but did get it to full lockout once with a few witnesses. 

good job buddy, your doing great this year ;)

I didn't expect anything else really, great job bro!