The Inch Lifters !

Darco

What is meant by a "lift"these days?

Just breaking it off the floor?mid shin?or full deadlift?

Is this just about forum members??....cause there are a lot more INCH lifters out there and a survey of smallest and biggest hands-though interesting-might be more conclusive if you included the dozens of other INCH "lifters".

Ya, it was just for the board members per Gripboard rules, too many others to list.

Edited by Darco

Travis Ortmayer got it about 1'' from locking out before he dropped it at the Show of Strength this year. That was the first time he had ever touched one.

How big is Travis? Great job on the Inch... where were you at the GNC SoS?? I was there and missed meeting you. :)

Travis Ortmayer got it about 1'' from locking out before he dropped it at the Show of Strength this year. That was the first time he had ever touched one.

How big is Travis? Great job on the Inch... where were you at the GNC SoS?? I was there and missed meeting you. :)

Travis is pretty big. He's around 6' 4'', 300 pounds. As far as his hands go, I compared them to mine(mine are 7.5'') and they dwarfed them, so they are probabely around 8.25''ish.

It's too bad the SoS got cancelled this year, we could of met this year.

I personally saw him do One Arm DB rows with 160 pounds for reps, on a 2 3/8'' handle.

• 3 months later...

I searched to no avail for this: does anybody know if Brookfield or Rogers have lifted the inch ?

good point about brookfeild and rogers . i know i have watched the video of mark henry lift the inch with such ease, ive watched it too many times its amazing

"That thumb is so big you couldn't stick it in your ass!"

-Monkey Paws

Dan, I quite literally spit my lunch out reading this. Thank you for the excellent laugh!!

Steve's thumb is so big it has a hand on it.

Also brilliant!

Yes, Mobster, I do have stumpy thumbs...I've considered thumb implants. Big Steve has to have the stumpiest thumbs but has a killer pinch. Of course, his hand looks like a ham with fingernails on it so it could just be a matter of perspective.

damn. i wonder if Shaq's thumbs are bigger than that.

Steve's thumb is 8.25" long as well, so I imagine that helps ;)

Ha ha. It's only 4 inches. Funny how most grip guys I have met have stumpy little thumbs. Including Clay :happy

I'll lift the Inch and my hands are 7 7/8! :rock

a few years ago my brother and I witnessed Bud Jeffries in action...

in my back lifting deck Bud shouldered(with two hands) an Inch replica...pressed it with his right arm(yes, it was a "press" ... no hip pop, shifting or leaning...legs were straight)...then he flips it over to his left arm and presses it also! When Bud left...my brother(certainly no stranger to lifting(he actually

got kicked out of Larry Barnholth's American College of Weight-lifting (for

dropping a weight and breaking a platform) the same week he got kicked out

of Kent State(for doing a lot worse!)...two colleges in one week! )) said,

"gosh, I thought he was just a fat guy!" Well folks, Bud is one of the strongest

men anywhere...and being still a kid...just watch him...a legend in the making...

I love hearing these stories Kim, keep em coming!

Kim's stories often are about what I call "foolers" - guys that are just way stronger than they "look". An example on the Inch is Cliff Keiner. A normal sized guy that totally owns the Inch either hand. Any day, any time, fresh or tired - he just walks up and lifts it to full deadlift. Impressive!