Another Example Of Hard Work.......

Dave Lemanczyk

Steve,

Awesome lift! Extremely manly!

I want to know why you didn't put 14 more pounds on and do 1,200 even? No wonder you can so easly pull off the Bud lift!

I think partial squats work and I think I can speak rather authoritatively about them. Steve has a great approach. Actually Steve is one of the most underappreciated strongmen in the game.

Very inspirational!

By the way Steve, I lost the last number I had for you so please call me sometime in the week.

Dave,

I think Dave can definitely talk about working hard lifting a 300lb stone and still being able to dunk two basketballs the same day. That was awesome!

Talk to you both soon.

God bless,

Bud

To ME a 4" squat lock out sounds more like a ego lift but then again it might work for you.

Back in the day someone asked Doug Hepburn the same question. Doug said "it takes strength to move it, no matter how many inches it is"...Doug loved partials as well. Of course they supplement the overall full range training.

Just to move the weight 1 inch takes alot of strength. Pavel Tsatsouline talked about the benefit of using partials in his book, before full range training to excite the nervous system. Use partials, then move onto full range, the weight will feel lighter.

Steve man, I appreciate the kindness. I have to say I am thankful to be in the presence of a solid, hard working dude from time to time. Hard to imagine anyone working harder and smarter than you man. Hats off and more PR's to come.

Bud that was a classic moment man and thank you. 2 ball dunks are tough sometimes but I didn't think it was going to happen bc of the grip issues I have after a day of grip and stones. It was cool to hang with you man, you're a true champion of the iron game, a nice guy and I look forward to training again.

I agree with Bud, Steve is one of the most unappreciated Strongmen out there. Truthfully, everytime I hear about something ridiculous Steve has done, I am not impressed, because I have been fortunate enough to train with him on many occasions and I have come to expect things like this. Steve doesn't toot his own horn at all, so hats off to Dave for recognizing what character, patience, and determination can do for your strength levels. Anytime I need a 360lb human and a 300+lb loading pin moved at the same time, Steve's my first call.

PS: Bud, unfortunately you missed it but Dave doubled my 320 smooth so easy I wanted to cry......then did the double dunk.

I remember when I was a 12-year-old kid, my friends and I read a program about using lock-outs on bench presses, starting with weights well over your 1 rep max weight, increasing them, then gradually lowering them in small increments of just an inch or so. It was promoted as a way of getting stronger through strengthening your ligaments and tendons. Worked like a charm.

Even as 12-year-olds, we had been bench pressing for a while, and I seemed to be going nowhere even faster than my other skinny friends. But the lock-outs increased our bench presses by half in just a few months. Blew our little minds. I've had a lot of respect for lock-outs and the idea of training your tendons and ligaments ever since.

Thanx Terminator, I must have had a sound breakfast that day. Or maybe it was the coffee?.......:)

I had a great tiem and would love to do it again. Folks, Terminator is a tremendous force of nature.

Yes, we need to do it again! A few of us has been tossing around the idea of meeting at Iron Sport in Philly. We're looking at late Septmember... say Saturday the 24th???

Who's game?