Time to close the 3?

Nathan Say

I got my #2 in february 2001. I closed it right off the bag for reps. I received my #3 in april 2001. I progressed from 1" to 1/8 in three months but now I'm badly stuck at 1/8 and sometimes more.  I don't have my precious #2 (which I used for strap holds) as I filed the handles down at 3" and it is now ruined. I'm afraid the spring will pop out if I close it. It makes such a noise.

My PDA gripper will be of a precious rescue inmy quest to the #3.

In answer to your question, it varies. Ken Brown slammed it the first time he tried the #3. Other COC have trained many years to finally close it.

Guest CanadaCrush

The time required to close the 3 greatly depends on a number of variables. How badly you want to close it, how hard you train, how you train etc etc. Some people take a couple months, and some a couple years.

-Mark

MANY never close it. If it is and remains important enough to you that you can overcome the many pains and frustrations while always keeping it as your top training priority you will one day close it. Be prepared for a long battle. If you are lucky enough to have a lot of talent it will go down quickly. If you are a fairly average person, it will take years of focused effort.

Well said Mike, it's not a birthright or guarantee.  It's a measure of determination, hard work, and focus, genetics don't hurt a bit either.

It took me over two years..... and at times I felt "lazy" in my training.  I knew it would happen for me and it did.  Just TRAIN HARD and stay focused.  Any worthwhile goal doesn't happen overnight.  "Keep your eyes on the prize", believe in yourself and your abilities - IT WILL HAPPEN.   :)  :)