17 Year Old Thrower/football Player Doing 45 Hub

Captain Crunk

He squats at a legal powerlifting depth.

This means nothing to me because I've seen too many videos where the lift is supposedly powerlifting legal, passed in a meet, and is yet nothing more than a half squat. :)

Good Hublift!

As far forward as he is (which isn't good for you), the only way he could get to powerlifting depth is by doing a good morning. This is still impressive none the less!

Jedd is right that is TERRIBLE for and if you call that paralell you need not teach any body.

I guess you might want to take up reading for once before you post drivel

He squats hip to knees, the powerlifting depth. A picture showing him coming out of the whole and everyone is a naysayer. :rolleyes

BTW good job at the strong man event Clay, you're a sexy beast. :bow

You should state that in the beginning rather than say look at the pic for proof. Also if this kid is training for football he needs to be doing DEEP squats not half squats or pointless powerlifting back squats. If those squats and that techinique are continued at that young age he can kiss his knees goodbye.

That kid's going to be just fine. At 17 you're virtually indestructable. Keep us posted on what he does senior year coach! Grip and on the field. :bow

• 5 weeks later...

well, i think he's a freak, no matter what anyone says. I would agree with Jedd that the form is horrible, though. i wish i started squating in hs.