• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• foggymountainmuscle

• twig

• pdoire

• Number Ten Ox

Nice work man. Don't stop till you drop.

On the last page there was something about one arm pull-ups. The best way I know is weighted static holds at various points of the range of motion.

Every couple sets, sway your weight from side to side for longer and longer periods of time.

It's really important to do a fully extended hang at the end, when you can't do it bent arm anymore. This gives you a great foundation and will make you very strong, especially if you rotate your shoulder blades and play around with deep breathing while you do it. this hang is so important you should mix it in as much as you can, alternating to bent arm and back again.

Eventually you will go to the hang as a rest.

Good luck.

Nice pic Foggy great show of strength :bow . Since I talked to you last I've gotten back on trying to train these. I'm able to hang from the extra rafter out but definetly more work needed before I'll be doing the pull up on the close rafters. Thanks for the advice keep up the work your definetly an impressive kid. Hopefully down the road I'll be able to show you a picture of me lots of work ahead yet though.

Very impressive.

I notice in the replies in the gallery that you say that you cannot pinch 2x35,s.So this must obviously require a different tpe of pinch if thats the correct word to use.

I bet once you get your pinching technique on plates down the carryover strength from your pinch chins would skyrocket.

I just caught this ...outstanding job, Mike!!!

Very impressive.

I notice in the replies in the gallery that you say that you cannot pinch 2x35,s.So this must obviously require a different tpe of pinch if thats the correct word to use.

I bet once you get your pinching technique on plates down the carryover strength from your pinch chins would skyrocket.

The inward pressure you create with your chest and arms allows you to exert enough force to stay on the rafters, plus the width of the rafters is closer to pinching 2 10s that 25s if you are talking Olympic weights. When I do pinch 2 35s, I think I will have the strength to do a rafter pullup with both hands facing the same direction. I am down at school so I do not have basement rafters to practice on, but I think the next time I am able to try I will be able to do a single rafter pullup with the hands facing inward.