Back

Chins

x 8 reps, +5-kilos x 8 reps, +10-kilos x 6 hard reps

Low Rows

110-kilos x 8 reps, 150-kilos x 5 reps

LPD

110-kilos x 8 reps, 150-kilos (should have been more) x 6 reps

T/B/D/O/D/L

bar x 6 reps, 70-kilos x 6 reps, 100-kilos x 3 reps, 130-kilos x 3 reps, 170-kilos x 3 and 2 reps (hard)

Sunday

R/Thunder

B/H: 60-kilos x 6 reps @, 75-kilos x 3 reps @, 90-kilos x 1 rep @

L/H: 108.75-kilos x 8 x 1 reps

R/H: 113.75-kilos x 8 x 1 reps

Monday

Still dealing with some BS here... once done and dusted the road will be smoother (I hope).

V/Gripper

Interesting to note (or brag) that I am, at least with my right hand, matching the winning level (Paul Knight L19) of the most recent WSH competition. Not once but multiple times per session. Come on chaps if enter the fray I'll push ya ;)

B/H: usual

L/H: 5/6+B (eqv to a little more than level 16) x 1, 1, F, 1, 1, 1, 1.

R/H: 6/7 (eqv to L19) x 5 x 1 reps, upped to 7/7 (L20) x N, N, N.

Interesting to note (or brag) that I am, at least with my right hand, matching the winning level (Paul Knight L19) of the most recent WSH competition. Not once but multiple times per session. Come on chaps if enter the fray I'll push ya

So why the hell aren't you competing?

Monday

Still dealing with some BS here... once done and dusted the road will be smoother (I hope).

V/Gripper

Interesting to note (or brag) that I am, at least with my right hand, matching the winning level (Paul Knight L19) of the most recent WSH competition. Not once but multiple times per session. Come on chaps if enter the fray I'll push ya ;)

LVL19 = easy every day of the week and twice @ British grip champs! :tongue

Your RT lifts = not so easy..

Paul, are you competing in the rest of the legs?

Paul, are you competing in the rest of the legs?

Nah, i am wanting to compete in something seeing as i'm not competing in strongman like i usually do in the summer but i have to focus on the #4 if i have any chance on certing it before one of the monsters get it done (Williams, Shaw, Henry etc).

Interesting to note (or brag) that I am, at least with my right hand, matching the winning level (Paul Knight L19) of the most recent WSH competition. Not once but multiple times per session. Come on chaps if enter the fray I'll push ya

So why the hell aren't you competing?

Cos I'm taking the year out. I've only said this MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO MENTION.

Monday

V/Gripper

LVL19 = easy every day of the week and twice @ British grip champs! :tongue

Your RT lifts = not so easy..

Ha!

Interesting to note that David Horne 'heard' I was talking 'smack talk' on the Gripboard. With very little variation I post EXACTLY the same words on every log I have on the net. I have more than 8. I posted the same on his site in my log there. If people have nothing better to do than tell tales to David about what mobster said behind your back... that's very sad. The reality was that, black spring or not, the winning level was 19. I did that 5 times in training yesterday. The rest... me comparing what I do as someone who has competed and may again (if only to prove this point).

Tuesday

Legs... man oh man. By the time I'd done leg press it seems I was done. Leg Ext and Leg Curls were H-A-R-D!

Leg Press

174-kilos x 20 reps, 294-kilos x 15 reps, 454-kilos (6) x 15 reps, 564-kilos x 15 hard reps

Leg Ext

70-kilos x 20 reps, 90-kilos x 15 d/d reps (even with Glynn pushing me), 145-kilos x 9 reps (arrgghh) dropped to 135-kilos x 3 reps?

Leg Curls

25-kilos x 20 reps (hard), 35-kilos x 12 reps... 25-kilos x 15 reps. Was all over the place and couldn't feel parts of my legs at this point.

I obviously don't read your workout logs, so that's why I asked.

If you are doubling level 19, why not get your ass to the contest like a real man. You obviously don't have to peak in order to be in the top ranks, so why not step up instead of being a trash talking chump, hiding in your workout log.

If you are doubling level 19, why not get your ass to the contest like a real man. You obviously don't have to peak in order to be in the top ranks, so why not step up instead of being a trash talking chump, hiding in your workout log.

LOL i was being far from serious Jedd, i dont think of myself as anything special and would never do any real serious trash talk to anybody (as in talk down to them), just having fun with big steve. Im still laughing that you just basically punked me out! hahaha wwe style. Dude you should come to England and we can have a power slam contest! I have competed in maybe 10 strongman comps and a couple grip comps, including the one i was talking of (the british grip championships), i don't 'need' to compete if i want to focus on something else. It was twice as in left and right, we didn't do reps.

He has competed and did 19 with both hands if memory serves me well. It was a British Championships. He came 2nd. It will have been on the original VG spring and not a WSH or BSH varient.

Also it's probably best to state to whom you're replying. Otherwise take the chat to another post.

I was talking to Steve. I will ignore your post, Paul.

Steve, I expected you to be competing, and I think you should consider the next two legs.

This logs too confusing for me.

Let the old man have a break, hes brittle!

..and leg pressing 1200lbs for 15 reps hahaha

I was talking to Steve. I will ignore your post, Paul.

Steve, I expected you to be competing, and I think you should consider the next two legs.

Nah. I competed at the NEC/Bodypower event (23000 through the doors over the 2 days) in May tying for 2nd with Brian Shaw on the Rolling Thunder event in front of 600 or so people. I then ran the amateur event with 300 watching. I appeared at Excel for the British Grand Prix which had 5000 visitors and worked at Valhalla Festival of Muscle and Power which had a similar number. I got paid for all of these. I'm already down to work at the next Bodypower event (30000 expected) again competing in and running the RT events (I'm even coaching 2 guys). I'm only training grippers cos I like to and think, if I was in a competitive frame of mind, I'd move up a notch. 11 events in 2010 was plenty... too much even. Hence a year out.

Sunday

Went over with Nev and I picked up and lapped the new steel block (on loan from WSM competitor Darren Sadler). It's 113kg empty and had an additional 10-kilos added so 123kg total.

Loz had taped two 5kg discs to the 100-kilo Circus dumbbell and so I did pick ups with either hand and then a full deadlift right handed (a way to celebrate becoming a grand dad for the 2nd time today).

V/Grippers

Edge taken off by fooling around with above mentioned weights.

Sunday

Went over with Nev and I picked up and lapped the new steel block (on loan from WSM competitor Darren Sadler). It's 113kg empty and had an additional 10-kilos added so 123kg total.

Loz had taped two 5kg discs to the 100-kilo Circus dumbbell and so I did pick ups with either hand and then a full deadlift right handed (a way to celebrate becoming a grand dad for the 2nd time today).

V/Grippers

Edge taken off by fooling around with above mentioned weights.

congrats

How thick is the handle on that bell?

Monday

Shoulders 'n' arms

Seated press

bar x 8 reps, 50-kilos x 8 reps, 82.5-kilos x F, 80-kilos x 4 reps, 82.5-kilos x 4 reps

s/s

DB H Curls

10+ kilos x 10 reps @, 20+ kilos x 10 reps @, 30+ kilos x 3 x 10 reps

s/s

TPD

50-kilos x 10 reps, 70-kilos x 8 reps, 90-kilos (hard) x 6 reps

Thursday

Struggled big time today. Combo of iffy guts (keep getting this and wonder if it's food or stress related), being skint, breaking a window lock (grr) and head all over the place (hurry up and sell house!!). Chins were a bomb as was the heavy sets of deadlifts. On the flip side Glynn made a point of thanking me. I've had 3 previous guys do the same (Seb, Jacek and Jason). It's a combination of the gym, the equipment, the atmosphere we have, the guys that train there and how they feel (mentally as well as physically) after. Mike deserves some of the thanks.

Chins

Bwt x 8 reps, +5-kilos x DD.... stopped.

LPD

110-kilos x 8 reps, 150-kilos x 8 reps

Low Rows

110-kilos x 8 reps, 150-kilos x 6 (5+1) hard reps

T/B/D/O/D/L

First two sets stiff-legged

bar x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 130-kilos x 3 reps, 180-kilos x F (mis-load), 170-kilos x 3 (hard), 2... stopped.

Sunday

Coached Jason through conditioning workout.

V/Gripper

L/H: 5/5 x 3 x 1 reps, 5/6+B x 3 x 1 reps, 6/6 x 1, VVN, VVN, F

R/H: 6/6 x 3 x 1 reps, 6/6+B x 3 x 1 reps, 6/7 x 3 x 1 reps, 6/7+B x 1, VVN

Monday

Spent far too long this morning dealing with mess caused by a tenant this morning when I have a viewing at lunch time (arrived early, v attractive, suit me fine LOL )

Penny Pinch

to

L/H: +11.25-kilos x TnG, 1, 1/2, F

R/H: +11.25-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

2HP (Vol)

worked to 3 x 3 reps (1 n/s set) with 96.45-kilos

Monday pm

CG Bench Press

bar x 20 reps, 60-kilos x 8 reps, 90-kilos x 3 reps, 127.5-kilos x 1 rep and a failed rep. Dropped to sensible 120-kilos x 5-6 x 1 reps (not noted). Drop set as per last session but sets of 15 so 60/15, 50/15, 40/15 and 30/31. Nice pump

Tuesday am

Local pub landlords son meant to have come in for a try...no sign. Tsk.

R/Thunder

B/H:

L/H: 113.75-kilos x TnG, TnG, TnG, TnG, 1 reps

R/H: 118.75-kilos x TnG, TnG, 1, 1, 1 reps

Wednesday

Legs - short and sweet as of old

Leg Press

to 594-kilos (no wraps on 4" set up) x 8 reps

Leg Ext

to 150-kilos x 6 reps

Leg Curl

to 37.5-kilos x 6 reps

Thursday

Grippers.

Decided to give the old Torsion Spring Grippers a go as a test. Was ok.

B/H:: as before (see old diary entries).

L/H: to CoC 3 x N (ps), 1, 1 reps, BBE x F, BBGM x 1E, BBE x N, N, F, F

R/H: to CoC 3.5 x 8 x 1 reps. Some sitting down (makes a difference)

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday

Grippers.

Decided to give the old Torsion Spring Grippers a go as a test. Was ok.

B/H:: as before (see old diary entries).

L/H: to CoC 3 x N (ps), 1, 1 reps, BBE x F, BBGM x 1E, BBE x N, N, F, F

R/H: to CoC 3.5 x 8 x 1 reps. Some sitting down (makes a difference)

Nice workout Mob, guess 3.5 was easy :laugh

'ish' ha ha

What follows is as a result of the theft of my laptop, digital camera and mobile phone. Value... maybe GBP60.00 all in but probably a lot less. The sheer inconvienence was what was annoying more than anything.

Using the new Bulkpowders supplements throughout. The BA still gives a tingling sensation but less so than before and, as is the way, you 'know' it's working (see extra reps this Saturday). The DAA MAY be having an effect. The protein is as I am slowly, I think, adding weight.

Sunday

Back

Chins

still hurt

LPD

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 8 reps, 150-kilos x 8 reps

L/Rows

110-kilos x 8 reps, 152.5-kilos x 6 reps

D/O/T/B/D/L

to

170-kilos x 2 x 3 and 1 x 2 reps. Still hard getting hips through.

Monday

R/Thunder

to

L/H: +113.75-kilos x 4 x 1 and TnG, F, F, reps

R/H: +118.75-kilos x 7 x 1 reps

Tuesday

V/Gripper

to

L/H: 6/6 x 1, 1, VVN, N

R/H: 6/7+B x 1, 1, 1, VVN, VVN

Much later (afternoon) there was a challenge on the w/roller and I won with a +90kilos all the way up and down clockwise (best effort on the 3-inch model I think).

Wednesday

S+A

Seated Press

to 87.5-kilos x 1 rep

DB H Curls

to+32.5-kilos @ x 8 reps (no more to see if ths eases left bicep tendon)

TPD

to 90-kilos x 8 reps + d/s of 50-kios x 8 reps

Thursday

Penny Pinch

to

L/H: +11.25-kilos x F, 1, 1, 1, 1/2, TnG, F

R/H: +11.25-kilos+2 clips (approx .5kg total) x 6 x 1 reps

2HP (Vol)

to +75-kilos x 2 x 3 and 1 x 2 reps

Friday

Rest

Saturday

R/Thunder

Had to check and recheck as the days work on this was so damn good. To

L/H: +113.75-kilos (scaled at 116.40) x 7 x 1 and then 4 reps

R/H: +120-kilos (scaled at 123.75) x 5 x 1 reps and then 8 reps!!

CG Bench Press

(meant to be Sunday)

to 120-kilos x 5 x 1 reps