Thomas Inch Video

Frageltastic

Superb!!!!!

I have just been informed by David Horne that

"That is not the Inch, and the whole show is fraud. The original dumbbell has no caps on the end, and doesn’t look like that, and the way he handles it, I doubt it weighs 100lb!

Joe Roark (the strength historian) wrote a very informative long article on Inch and his dumbbells. I think it is called Inch 101, and it’s worth reading. Google it and I’m sure it’ll be around somewhere."

My apologuies I was not aware it was a fake. It seems it wasn't just the accents which were dodgy :)

Thanks David

No probs Fraser.

Iron history is just the same as normal history. It's about reading, researching and ascertaining what happened. I've been researching for over 15 years, and have spent weeks at places like the British and British Newspaper Library, which was superb fun, if not tiring.

Anyway, the video shows one thing, and that is that bell was definitely not the Inch bell that Kim Wood now owns.

ironhistory.com

is an excellent site

Also the fine magazine Iron Game History is worth getting.

David