Got 2 Pr's Today

wscorpion

Decided to attack the 5/16" x 6" G2 with both reverse and DU.

Got the reverse to 59 degrees and the DU to 54 degrees. I would say they are PR's (they also felt like PR's), but since my current / previous PR's are a 1/4" x 5.5" G5 on both styles I'm not sure.

According to John B. the G2's would rate close to a G8 so in that case, new PR's :rock

But just looked up the lists and according to the lists they aren't. It says 307A CYI on the head.

I have other types of G2's from John as well, but didn't try them yet.

Any ideas on this?

Tx

My big G2 are very hard. Harder to kink than a huge bastard. Also harder on the sweep by a tiny bit. But tiny but weaker on the crush from what I can remember.

My big G2 are very hard. Harder to kink than a huge bastard. Also harder on the sweep by a tiny bit. But tiny but weaker on the crush from what I can remember.

and big is the 3/8" I assume?

I obtained three kinds of G2(5/16) from FBBC.

BL(5/16-6) , 307A S・D(5/16-6) , 307A SBY(5/16-5)

BL bent very easily.

307A S・D was easier than Bastard.

Because length is different, it is not comparable with other things.

However, it is thought that I was firmer than BL.

No it's the 5/16*6" G2.

Great work Mark they certainly are not easy!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

There's no way a 5/16" x 6" G2 is harder than a huge bastard. Mine's not even as hard as a G8 you must have gotten a crazy psycho ridiculously hard batch from another planet or something. :D

I have bent the 5" G8 in under 3 minutes and I can tell you the kink and sweep on the 5" G8 is much easier than that G2. I don't really remember which is stronger on the crush. Both are from FBBC. And the huge bastards are the easy ones ofcourse (385 pounds at 7").

Lol, nice ;)

Well, whether it is or it isn't stronger then a G8 really doesn't matter, Goal is to become certified SBIEW :p

I'm just about getting the feel for bending and the 5/16" G2, at least the batch I have, are harder than 1/4" G8s, closer to the F-911.

For a reverse, that's a MOFO bend! :rock

Edited by Autolupus

I'm just about getting the feel for bending and the 5/16" G2, at least the batch I have, are harder than 1/4" G8s, closer to the F-911.

For a reverse, that's a MOFO bend! :rock

What marks are on your batch?

Like I said, I have different ones, maybe the marks on the bolts are related to different strengths....

BL bent very easily.

Sorry, must have missed your post.

Thanks for the info, I don't believe these bolts are harder then a bastard (not even close IMO), but they could be harder then a G8...

BL bent very easily.

Sorry, must have missed your post.

Thanks for the info, I don't believe these bolts are harder then a bastard (not even close IMO), but they could be harder then a G8...

I recently calibrated a couple of 5/16's G2 bolts the 7" (BL) came in a 315 lbs. at 30*

and a 6" (OF) came in at 440 lbs. and that would be close to the G8 hope this helps.

The crushdown on the 6" (OF) G2 was easier that the G8 though not to springy . Tonight I'll cut a (BL) down

to 6" I might a couple of 307A's I'll have to look and let you know

Edited by lone Wolf

Thanks Lone Wolf, that makes more sense, I think ;)

These are the different ones I have (all 6"):

- 307A CYI

- SJ

- SBY

- BL

- and an "R" with 3 stripes under it.

Post #1

Fantstic Shiny Oddball

Group: Membersk

Member No.: 1188

When i had some of those they were harder than a RED nail they were fbbc ones.

Congrats thats a nice bolt bend.

--------------------

I except no "LIMITS" therfore i have none? Gazza 2007!

They are a LOT tougher than their ranking! ;)

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=6045

Edited by Autolupus

Post #1

Fantstic Shiny Oddball

Group: Membersk

Member No.: 1188

When i had some of those they were harder than a RED nail they were fbbc ones.

Congrats thats a nice bolt bend.

--------------------

I except no "LIMITS" therfore i have none? Gazza 2007!

They are a LOT tougher than their ranking! ;)

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=6045

That's cool!

Today I just had to try a shiny bastard DU, and I did get a small kink in it (couple of degrees), but it's definitely my off day today, so hopefully I will get it past 40 degrees some day ;)

Very nice DU bending! You should stop fooling around and go for a Big, Huge, Grand, or Mag DU. If you're kinking the Shiny DU, you're plenty strong to get at least a Big to 40, IMO.

Nice job Mark. That's really great bending.

Tim

Thanks Lone Wolf, that makes more sense, I think ;)

These are the different ones I have (all 6"):

- 307A CYI

- SJ

- SBY

- BL

- and an "R" with 3 stripes under it.

Just finished calibrating the the 5/16 G2s that I have

(OF) 440 lbs. did one more

(BL) 430 lbs. 7" cut to 6"

(HKT) 435 lbs. 8" cut to 6"

The G2s in general usually fall all over the place especialy the BL's & the HKT's

but this should give you a baseline. Oh by the way I forgot tell you good bend

keep up the strong work

Look at this thread to know more about the crazy strong G2 bolts http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=21263&hl=

Thanks for the info guys!!!

Very nice DU bending! You should stop fooling around and go for a Big, Huge, Grand, or Mag DU. If you're kinking the Shiny DU, you're plenty strong to get at least a Big to 40, IMO.

Well, when I first started DU bending I was able to kink a red just like I did now with the shiny, but back in september on the UKCOS2007 I failed on a G8 as well at 10 degrees or so.

So that tells me that I have a pretty strong kink with DU, but I still need to do lots of work on the sweep.

After the contest I've been levering a lot but didn't actually bend anymore DU until these 2 bolts. Since the kink felt quite hard (not as hard as the shiny of course) I'm pretty sure they're stronger then a G5. the 5.5" G5 I've bent at the contest and kinking it was much easier then kinking these bolts.

Personally I don't really like training on DU since I really need to be warmed up properly otherwise my wrists will hurt like hell during the kink. With DO bending I usually started without any warming up to set a new PR. This allowed me to get at it whenever I felt like it. For DU bending I really need to plan it so that I will be warmed up properly.

I will get that shiny eventually, but like you said, it's only fooling around since I know I won't be able to get it above 40 degrees in a long time and I should just focus on basic 8mm CRS.

I will do that, but I have some other things I need to work on as well now, like closing the #3, and personally I feel that's more important then being able to DU bend a bastard or greater.

After all, with the upcoming contest in May/June in Germany which I am planning to compete in, DU bending is not an event there ;)

Right on Mark. I wasn't knocking your strength. You've got plenty of it. It just seems a shame to let the DU strength go to waste...I hear you though, there aren't many contests with DU in it.

Right on Mark. I wasn't knocking your strength. You've got plenty of it. It just seems a shame to let the DU strength go to waste...I hear you though, there aren't many contests with DU in it.

Ben, I wasn't assuming you were offending me, no probs bro. But I just wanted to explain my thoughts ;)

I agree that DU bending shouldn't go to waste, but I've set some goals for myself which I want to reach before the contest in order to make sure I can set a decent challenge for the other contestants. Until I have reached that goal I won't be bending much DU but since I will continue to lever in each direction my DU strength will go up with it anyway.

I also hardly bend DO anymore, at least by far not as frequent as I did before the contest in September since I know I can bend a decent piece of steel for an allround contest.

David Horne gave me some advise back in September to which I'm definitely going to stick. He told me to focus on my weak spots and since bending isn't really a week spot if I compare it to the results of other allround grip contests I feel my focus should be on the other events like vbar, thickbar, grippers and pinch ;)