First Workout With My Bb Grip Machine!

Mitch Kirchner

Well today was grip day so I got to workout with my new BB Grip Machine. I didn't even pick up a gripper except a cheap store bought one to warm up. I have to say I got a a lot bigger of a pump in my forearms than using the grippers. And I got burned out a lot quicker. Why do you get more of a pump with a grip machine than using grippers? Well heres what I did with it. I would like some feedback what I should change.

Warm up: 10 reps weak store bought gripper

10 reps strong store bought gripper

Workout with the BB grip machine: Set 1- 75 lbs- 15 reps

Set 2- 90 lbs- 18 reps

Set 3- 100 lbs- 12 reps

Set 4- 150 lbs- 30 sec hold handles closed

Set 5- 170 lbs- 45 sec hold handles closed

Set 6- 185 lbs- 30 sec hold last 10 sec handles started to open

set 7- 50 lbs- 15 reps

After all this my Forearms were fried :flame I could barley budge the trainer. Then I through some sets of fingure extenders, the TTK machine, pony clamps and a couple sets of blocks pinching. And then 50 reps with a bought store gripper for a burnout.

Does this sound like a good hand workout guys?

Sounds like alot of volume. Do it for a few weeks and see if you progress.. If you want to get stronger then remember you have to add weight as often as you can!! Make sure youve got those small plates.. have fun w/your new toy!!

~Steve

Set 2- 90 lbs- 18 reps

Set 3- 100 lbs- 12 reps

set 7- 50 lbs- 15 reps

Mitch,

Can I ask you something?

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR DAMN MIND?!?!?!? :angry::angry:

Are you training for grip strength OR training for the next Mister Olympia?? :rolleyes

This is STRENGTH training, NOT bodybuilding!! Way, WAY too many reps!

Cut the reps out and pile on the weight. Do a light (read: LIGHT) warmup and then go to work. Timed holds and negatives, that's what you want... after all, didn't you say that your goal was to someday close the #3, or did I read that wrong?

Set 2- 90 lbs- 18 reps

Set 3- 100 lbs- 12 reps

set 7- 50 lbs- 15 reps

Mitch,

Can I ask you something?

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR DAMN MIND?!?!?!? :angry::angry:

Are you training for grip strength OR training for the next Mister Olympia?? :rolleyes

This is STRENGTH training, NOT bodybuilding!! Way, WAY too many reps!

Cut the reps out and pile on the weight. Do a light (read: LIGHT) warmup and then go to work. Timed holds and negatives, that's what you want... after all, didn't you say that your goal was to someday close the #3, or did I read that wrong?

Could be another high rep experiment?

I dunno what he's trying to do. If he could come back on here and explain it to me.... maybe I was being too harsh - I'm really trying to help him. :)

I dunno what he's trying to do. If he could come back on here and explain it to me.... maybe I was being too harsh - I'm really trying to help him. :)

I think you scared him away for good.

hey dont we all know how it is with a new toy!!!?? We do it to death.. lets be realistic, could any of us just have done 30 or so reps and then called it a night? Not with a new toy like that!!

get stronger mitch

~Steve

hey dont we all know how it is with a new toy!!!??  We do it to death..

Yeah, that's what I hate about grip newbies... MORE MORE MORE FASTER FASTER FASTER!!!!! They get a new grip toy and they go crazy!!! :rolleyes

get stronger mitch

Let's hope he survived first. Mitch, are you out there?? Mitch? Mitch?? :unsure

Training success is about finding what works for YOU. Being a newb is great because you can afford to make mistakes and screw around with cool new stuff.

First question what do yall think of the bb grip machine do most of you have one or what, im kinda in the dark about them and grip machines in general, just wanting the low down or feedback on yalls opinion about them.Second question Mitch what extensor work are you doing, just curious.

First question what do yall think of the bb grip machine do most of you have one or what, im kinda in the dark about them and grip machines in general, just wanting the low down or feedback on yalls opinion about them.

I would say that if you don't have one, GET ONE. And the one I recommend is the BB. Just don't go crazy like Mitch did and do several workouts all at once. :D

You guys didn't scare me away I been gone Deer Hunting for a while. I almost shot a buck but he was'nt big enough to satify me. I hope I see a bigger one tonight. My seoson ends on sunday so if I don't see anymore bucks I'm sure going to be pissed at my self for not shotting it. Well I used the BB Grip Machine today and I did a little of a different routine I did timed hold one hand at a time. Im gonna give John my number and hes going to give me a call. I hope he gives me a lot a good advice.

Hey Micheal86 well for extendor I'm using rubber bands from the maile the ones u they use to rubber band a bunch of envolopes together They don't have that much tension so I use to of them at once. They don't work that good because they are thin and they keep slipping off my fingures. And they keep breaking on me. Every workout one breaks on me. I'm going to order the bands from Iron Mind soon. I do Higher reps with them I do 3-4 set of 20-25. I don't know if this is good but I heard with extendors you want to go with higher reps.