Race To The Red Nail

Chez

I guess I'll post my progress in here to reverse the red nail with no wraps + finish it with no wraps.

Black g8 reverse to 20

Got it to 20 degrees on the first hit but it didn't move at all on the 2nd so figured I was gassed so didn't attempt it anymore. I think this can go down to 40 but getting it under 2 inches would be challenging for me right now, this bar will have to die first -under 2 inches-before I attempt a red. Struggling to recover a bit with grip, weight lifting and bending + work. No excuses just feeling beat down, the bar beat me this time. I start summer classes in a week so hoping to get one more good week of training before gains slow down for me.

• Like 1

Stephen, Any movement on any gr8 no wraps is World Class but you are already in that category!

20° on a black gr8!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is bad ass movement reverse IN wraps ....

I have my eye on this venture towards a Red Reverse Barehand! Every bender will just have to take a pause when this happens, I know I will!!!! Keep up the stellar work bro!

World class indeed! Dang man, it's like you have no feeling in your hands at all. LOL. Are you planning on certifying the red with no wraps? Now that would be awesome!

Stephen, Any movement on any gr8 no wraps is World Class but you are already in that category!

20° on a black gr8!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is bad ass movement reverse IN wraps ....

I have my eye on this venture towards a Red Reverse Barehand! Every bender will just have to take a pause when this happens, I know I will!!!! Keep up the stellar work bro!

Thanks man you are not that far off a red reverse which only a few benders have done and you are much more well rounded then I am.

World class indeed! Dang man, it's like you have no feeling in your hands at all. LOL. Are you planning on certifying the red with no wraps? Now that would be awesome!

Thanks when is your cert scheduled for also?

In the moment I don't notice it a ton but it does effect how hard I can hit mentally I feel. Like I am not able to hit it at full speed since my brain stops me to avoid hurting my hands or from pain. I think with time I will get faster as the hands become more conditioned. Certifying a red under a minute with no wraps would be absolutely ridiculous I don't think I could do that anytime soon-though I think the 40 degree reverse red no wrap is possible this year-. Certs are not a huge goal to me right now but yeah if I could do that I would try for sure. I could probably get the red with one wrap reverse and finished in a minute or very close I did it recently with one DH wrap so it would be cool to cert that way also. Ideally I'd like to bring my DO and DU up before I try to cert.

I know you have no problems with your crush. You make that look extremely easy with minimal wraps. Your doing amazing things and it's exciting to see what you'll do next. My cert date is next Sunday. I'm doing it in Lowes parking lot. That's classy. Lol

• Like 2

I know you have no problems with your crush. You make that look extremely easy with minimal wraps. Your doing amazing things and it's exciting to see what you'll do next. My cert date is next Sunday. I'm doing it in Lowes parking lot. That's classy. Lol

That's Mike Rinderle style right there. :rock

Can't wait to see it Delmar. I'm back to bending since my hand bruise is fully healed and hope to it get this cert done this summer as well. Kinked a red in imps first workout back to 20 degrees and finished it off last workout. Getting back up to speed.

• Like 1

Super cool Delmar! Awesome to see you accomplish your goal!

Super cool Delmar! Awesome to see you accomplish your goal!

Thanks Isaiah! It' was awesome finally getting to do it :)

Congrats Delmar, awesome bend, it took no effort for you!

Thanks Tom!

Congrats Delmar...that looked like a cake walk!

Thanks! It was a cake walk that I have been looking forward to for a long time :)

Congrats Delmar. Much bigger steel awaits you.

I just emailed ironmind about getting certed on the red nail!

Ohhhh butterflies in my stommach hahaha

• Like 1

Good luck man! You'll kill it! Just don't be a dumb arse like me and do Max effort bending the day before your cert. My hands are still bruised.

Thanks David!

• Like 1

Good luck man! You'll kill it! Just don't be a dumb arse like me and do Max effort bending the day before your cert. My hands are still bruised.

Thanks David!

Haha thanks! Nah, I'll rest a whole week prior to the cert I think! :)

Awesome. Good luck!

• Like 1

AWESOME!!!!

KILL THAT SUCKER!

Good luck bro!

• Like 1

Congratz again delmar!

Awesome this is why this is my favorite thread on this site. Good luck man look forward to you officially killing the red dragon.

• Like 2

Thanks! I'll do my best ;)

Completely melted a red nail in IMPs yesterday. It was easy. If I do it again next training session, I'll contact IM.

• Like 3

Completely melted a red nail in IMPs yesterday. It was easy. If I do it again next training session, I'll contact IM.

That's awesome to hear! I'm getting close to sending a request myself. I feel like I just need a couple more good sessions to solidify my confidence.

• Like 1

That's awesome to hear! I'm getting close to sending a request myself. I feel like I just need a couple more good sessions to solidify my confidence.

Great John. I have been reading your log. You got this buddy.

• Like 1