Potato Crush Vid

viper

http://media.putfile.com/potato-crush82

I hope i dont sound cocky or anything but this really wasnt hard - this was the first but i went through about 7 or 8 yesterday, eventually i did the biggest one i could find with my left hand - that took longer but still, i wouldnt think id be able to do it

ive read this was real hard even with the fingers like im doing (on par with either a #3 or a #4) - am i doing something wrong? id done 50 full reps on the #1, and then 100 full reps on the trainer about 10 minutes before this vid as well :erm

http://media.putfile.com/potato-crush82

I hope i dont sound cocky or anything but this really wasnt hard - this was the first but i went through about 7 or 8 yesterday, eventually i did the biggest one i could find with my left hand - that took longer but still, i wouldnt think id be able to do it

ive read this was real hard even with the fingers like im doing (on par with either a #3 or a #4) - am i doing something wrong? id done 50 full reps on the #1, and then 100 full reps on the trainer about 10 minutes before this vid as well :erm

I didn't think you were supposed to dig/claw your fingers into it but more of squeezing it with hands wrapped around it??

Well, not too degrade ur achievement, but you are supposed to CRUSH the potato, you split it. Much more crushing effort would be required, which is why it is on par/ past a three.

It looked like Tommy dug his fingers in too. The Gorilla Hands guide in the FAQ even says to toughen your fingertips to do it. You can see it split, it's not like it just turns to mush. I'd LOVE to see someone do it without diggin in at all. Dig in or not it's just crazy hard in my book and I've got a ton of respect for anybody that can do it.

In Mastery of Hand Strength is says to trim your fingernails as you dig them in.

i think it depends on how the fingertips are strong?!

When I was asked "is it possible to crush a potato with one hand" I said "no" but I thought the squeezing power of the entire hand was to be used not the fingertips. While still impressive with the finger tips it is in my opinion is light years from actually "crushing" it with the hand. I don't know if I ever have met the man or ever will that could take a firm, hard spud and crush it with hand power alone.RS

It looked like Tommy dug his fingers in too. The Gorilla Hands guide in the FAQ even says to toughen your fingertips to do it. You can see it split, it's not like it just turns to mush. I'd LOVE to see someone do it without diggin in at all. Dig in or not it's just crazy hard in my book and I've got a ton of respect for anybody that can do it.

yeh he did dig his fingers in/was saying to do that, an he still said its probably like a #4 - doesn't make much sense to me, i would definately think theres somebody that can do it without the fingers - i can sqeeze the spud in a good bit like that but it doesn't pop - it doesn't feel like i could never do it at all though, ive only been grip training a few months

i cant even shut my #3, never mind a #4 - this is making me think my #3 is a real tough 3 again - i can roll frying pans pretty easy, crush apples without the fingers tips, ive got the #2 for 26 reps - doesn't really make much sense not being able to shut the #3 for 1

I was always under the impression that potatoe crushing was done without the fingertips, but it sounds like that's never been done.

great job Viper, use your fingers, it still hurts and is a great feat. I have split a few and missed on some others. strong fingers and a pain tolerance is required.

i say try different spuds and give us some input on which ones are easy and which ones are hard.

crushing one with brute force is for the movies, have never seen that in person.

I was always under the impression that potatoe crushing was done without the fingertips, but it sounds like that's never been done.

ill have to try it with 2 hands (As in 1 hand crushing the other hand), ive also bought a pretty heavy wok to see if i can roll it up - not sure if theres vids of others doing that

Every time I've seen or heard about a potato being crushed, it is by digging the fingertips into the potato.

great job Viper, use your fingers, it still hurts and is a great feat. I have split a few and missed on some others. strong fingers and a pain tolerance is required.

i say try different spuds and give us some input on which ones are easy and which ones are hard.

crushing one with brute force is for the movies, have never seen that in person.

thanx - i just looked at the video of that tommy (dont really know who he is) doing it an he said to dig your fingers in so thats what i did

the one ive crushed there is just a normal white spud - got them from tesco

Edited by viper

thanx - i just looked at the video of that tommy (dont really know who he is) doing it an he said to dig your fingers in so thats what i did

the one ive crushed there is just a normal white spud - got them from tesco

tommy heslep....certified CoC #4

clay - ive heard your grips amazing (#4 etc) - can you crush a spud fingerless with the pressure of both your hands?? (as in 1 hand crushing the other to apply more force)

i just looked at the video of that tommy (dont really know who he is)

Tommy Heslep, certified coc#4 closer ;)

edit: i see someone beat me to this post.

Edited by Wayne

Ive never even seen the potatoes everyone uses in their potatoe crushing vids, I dont know if its a Texas thing or what but the only potatoes we have around here are the yam looking ones, you know 6" long 5" around. Anyways nice feat viper.

Viper - I said the video was poor not to insult you but because it is out of focus and you can only see the potato for a couple seconds. Most of the time the potato is out of view (your hand is in the way) or out of the frame of the picture. The feat is fine it's the camera work that sucked.

Viper - I said the video was poor not to insult you but because it is out of focus and you can only see the potato for a couple seconds. Most of the time the potato is out of view (your hand is in the way) or out of the frame of the picture. The feat is fine it's the camera work that sucked.

fair enough - camera work probably sucked because there was none, just a webcam