Closed #4 Today

viper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY2pWHblAcg > ill get a better vid somewhen

1st time i tried my #4 i got it to 1in off at best, an that was just the set haha i was closing my hardest #3 pretty much no set at the time an it was very discouraging, i threw it at a wall (theres several dints now!!), but this was always something i was gonna do, no matter what it took. It was exactly the same with the orginal #3 (my hardest) i got, i was closing #2 for 20 odd reps or something alike, but when i got it i could only move it 2-3cm, so i considered it to be easier than that jump.

Ive heard these questions asked before about how many reps you can do on a #2 when closing #3, #3 when closing #4 etc - i would guess at 25-30 on my 06 #3 an somewhere around 15 on 05 an 07 #3's if i maxed on them >since i dont really train reps, this shows how big the gap is

I want to thank the gripboard as a whole cuss a lot of what ive learnt an motivation has come from you guys, i would not have closed #4 today if the gripboard didn't exist, an if i could, the same with jesse marunde >he got me into strongman an grip just from being 'super cool'

cheers,

Viper

Ummmm, I didn't see the handles touch...

Have to say that until I see a better vid I will say I have seen no #4 close. Not totally doubting you but it's quite a claim, get a better vid, get together with Mobster or Sam asap and have them video it or something if you really closed it! I'd like to see that vid then.

the handles did touch - like i said it's bad vid, it's skipin cuss of the music an you may not be able to see them touch, but you would only ask for the vid anyways so ive just posted

didnt i already go train at whey? i will be going again, but i dont feel the need to prove owt to anyone but myself - as far as im concerned, ive just closed #4, an im looking good to cert next year as plan'd

Maybe the idea then might not be to post a video that doesn't actually show anything. I can't see any skipping, I'll look again.

Yes, you've trained at Whey, you are a bona fide strong lad, you want bonus points for that?

I have to say that although it was difficult to see - that's quite a crushing grip you've got there on the #4! Congrats!

:rock

Congratulations, viper.

I have not had a chance to see the video yet.

If you say that you closed it, then I believe you. You know

if you closed it or not and that's all that matters. :rock

Edited by Bonzi

Maybe the idea then might not be to post a video that doesn't actually show anything. I can't see any skipping, I'll look again.

Yes, you've trained at Whey, you are a bona fide strong lad, you want bonus points for that?

it's skipping when i watch it. I didnt know there was any points so no / im not really all that strong. Its not like im just some guy whos came on an posted 1 vid, I have posted a couple of pretty clear video closes of my low mounted rb330 recently, 3.5 closes with each hand etc + the #4 attempt from the other week >this is not just some random claim, ive been working towards this for a couple years now

Well done viper, on closing the no.4, you right to open a thread to announce it, but perhaps would have been better if the video was clear as day that the gripper closed, as this is the whole point of the video. Again congrats on achieving something truly monumental in grip, but i look forward as im sure do a lot of other guys on the gripboard to seeing a clear video of this feat by you.

Pete

viper

im no expert at grippers (never tried them) but ive watched the vid a few times and did not see the handles touch.

no disrespect intended but it would be nice to see you do it again with better video.

what ive read on the GB you have the strength to do this :cool

boland

JS27 - :rockcheers

boland & crazy P - thanks. Yeh obviously it would be great if i got a good vid 1st time but these are really just vids of normal workouts (i vid everything so i know what ive done an to look back over it etc), i wasn't setting out to get a captains of crush #4 vid today, i just happend to close it. When im closing it on a reg basis ill take a vid with a different cam.

I'll have to agree with that, it looked like it was about 3/4" to 1" away from being closed! Nice attempt Viper!

I'll have to agree with that, it looked like it was about 3/4" to 1" away from being closed! Nice attempt Viper!

no it was only 2mm from being fully open, if that, maybe 1, an it was really just the weight of my hand that moved it that far

Yeah, wow....the video does seem to skip, but it just seems that progress stalls and you're left at about 3/4" or more from closed. The video actually seems to show this pretty clearly.

You've made amazing progress, however, and this is a great attempt. Like you said, shoot a clear vid when you're closing it consistently and keep us posted.

Yeah, wow....the video does seem to skip, but it just seems that progress stalls and you're left at about 3/4" or more from closed. The video actually seems to show this pretty clearly.

You've made amazing progress, however, and this is a great attempt. Like you said, shoot a clear vid when you're closing it consistently and keep us posted.

you cant be watching the same vid im watching, either that or it's skip'd the ending for you, if thats the case, watch it again cuss it did that to me earlier - thy only way i would be getting #4 to more than par right now is if i attempted a hydrolic no set

you cant be watching the same vid im watching, either that or it's skip'd the ending for you, if thats the case, watch it again cuss it did that to me earlier - thy only way i would be getting #4 to more than par right now is if i attempted a hydrolic no set

Yeah, viper definitely has it VERY close if not closed. Like was said, once a clear video is up I'll send praise for the close, but for now I can only send praise for what (from your vid) looks like an amazing attempt. So props on the attempt for sure :rock

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

On my work laptop and on my home computer, it looks like 1/4" from shutting. But I believe you, or at least I want to. Now go get a better video! :rock :rock

viper,

Are you going to sign up for the Mash Monster? Do you keep a training log on Gripboard.com?

If not, what type of grip exercises and what quantities(i.e. singles, reps, etc and frequency)?

Edited by Bonzi

viper,

Are you going to sign up for the Mash Monster? Do you keep a training log on Gripboard.com?

If not, what type of grip exercises and what quantities(i.e. singles, reps, etc and frequency)?

twig - cheers an i may already have one but need to get software to upload

no plans for mash monster, just cert on #4 with grippers an all my training is leading upto the brits next year

this is my log - http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=24362 post any questions you got in there an ill try answer em

]

twig - cheers an i may already have one but need to get software to upload

Viper, if you have a good camera and all you need is the software, just list what you have and I'm sure someone can help you find some free software. What you are uploading is not helping to support your claims.

Some may think you are disrespecting previous #4 closers by the way you are going about things.

Obviously, you are strong, but I cannot see the handles touching.