Keeping Grippers Clean

Cunny

After reading about Clay's gripper being returned from a friend.

How do you clean your grippers?

I find whenever I use Chalk my hands become black after using the grippers is this the chalk lifting the dirt.

I don't use chalk every time I use them should I be using it every time.

I use a needle and scrap all of that black stuff out. It takes a long time but if you love your grippers,ITS WORTH THE TIME.

Edited by handgripperman

Stiff nailbrush. Kitchen cleansers such as Comet, Barkeeper's Friend, or Cameo and hot water. Your grippers will look as new. Dry with gripper standing spring down, and then a film of oil on spring to prevent rust. Wire brushes or anything metal can damage the aluminum handle.

Using chalk for all sets, and then brushing the handles clean with a toothbrush immediately after every set has prevented that black buildup ya'll are referring to.

I use a wirebrush, it won't damage the handle(by dulling the knurling) as long as you use a soft metal brush. Or just use a toothbrush or a needle or something.